Pinnacus is dedicated to closely accompanying the hiring process for both our clients and our candidates. Our excellent level of service ensures that we will be involved throughout all stages of development. Our firm specializes in Information Technology, Human Resources, Marketing and Accounting.
Our direct client is looking for a QA Software Engineer, with relevant Java programming and automated testing experience, who can develop a test suite from the ground up. This position’s role will consist of developing and executing automated testing suites. This includes assisting the Director, QA with formulating our Automation strategy, test plans, preparing and executing test scripts and use of automated testing tools to verify that programs function according to user requirements. Participates in review of specifications and makes recommendations to improve the Quality Assurance process. The position will also assist management in planning, resource allocation, project estimation, and scheduling for various projects and initiatives. In addition, this position provides support and guidance daily to the Quality Analysts in performing their assignments, monitoring the successful delivery of a release, performance reviews and adherence to policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, Develop and execute test cases and scripts from the ground-up.
- Create software components to drive automated testing scenarios in ways that are efficient in execution, and expandable in structure
- Create output/reports that will effectively and accurately document all automated testing results.
- Participate in the continuous development of the QA Team’s standard practices and procedures.
- Participate in the continuous process improvement projects of the QA department in support of Corporate Goals and Divisional Goals and Objectives.
- Work as a key contributor to increasing the speed and quality of our delivery
- Contribute to developing performance testing infrastructure
- Participate in Professional Development, and educate the QA team on automated testing technologies
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Knowledge and Skill
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, or demonstrated equivalent experience.
- Possess a solid understanding of development and testing methodologies.
- Experience working with Developers, Project Managers, Quality Assurance Managers and Release Managers preferred.
- Experience with automated test tools and white-box testing.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Performs effectively in a team, or alone and unsupervised
- Self starter and detail oriented
- Must be self managed, highly motivated, able to deliver work on time and complete to specification
- Must be flexible, have the ability to work under tight deadlines, and support off-hours deployment/maintenance as needed
- 2 yrs web software testing experience, including strong white-box testing
- 1+ years expertise in writing automation scripts
- Strong programming skills in Java, and good exposure to Ruby, VB, and similar languages
- Must have some experience using Selenium Webdriver or similar web testing framework
- Experience using test frameworks such as TestNG or Junit preferred
- Some knowledge of test web applications on multiple browsers
- Experience with Load testing frameworks preferred
Email resume in MS Word along with salary expectations to