We are looking for a hands-on Quality Engineer with manufacturing floor experience with plastic injection molding.
Company is recognized as a world leader and innovator in precision injection molding, tooling and contract manufacturing serving market leading companies across the globe.
The Manufacturing Quality Engineer is responsible for the quality assurance of all products, quality system management, and manufacturing process quality and customer problem resolution. The MQE is also responsible for supporting continuous improvement activities.
- Responsible for product design reviews and mold transfer process.
- Resolution of internal Automotive/CI/Medical component quality problems.
- Customer complaint cause and corrective action analysis.
- Customer on-site quality resolution and/or quality reviews.
- Specific production quality training for QA Auditors, IPI's and MQT's.
- Audit of injection molding processes against the Master Process & Control Plans.
- Development and maintenance of QAR (Quality Assurance Report) books.
- Manage Tucson quality assurance operations during QA Manager absence.
- Internal Audits, Customer Audits, and ISO/TS Audits.
- Assist in procedure development and/or maintenance, quality validation after mold repair, including capability studies, gauge R&R, first article reports, etc.
- ECN Approval for Automotive/Medical products.
- MRB disposition of components.
- Development and maintenance of the SPC database.
- Member of Internal Auditing Team.
- Develop measurement methods and design simple fixtures to enable accurate measurement of parts.
- Operate various inspection instruments and hand held gauges
- Engineering or Science degree desired, but will consider candidate's work experience in the appropriate fields.
- Minium of 5 years quality engineering experience, with specific experience in medical sevices/components desirable.
- Strong measurement skills, including hands-on experience with calipers, micrometers, tool scopes, optical comparators and vision system.
- Computer literate in programs such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Strong analytical skills necessary.
- Strong SPC knowledge and working experience, CMM experience highly desirable.
- Knowledge and experience in control plan development, product print and specification understanding, (understanding of Geometric Tolerancing).
- Customer interface experience.
- Knowledge of molding process and procedures.
- Experience in molded product quality control desired.
- FDA/ISO/TS quality system knowledge and experience necessary (any or all).
- ASQ certified Quality Auditor and/or Quality Engineer highly desirable.