Get new similar jobs by email for
Modeling & Simulation Engineer...
Modeling & Simulation Engineer (Software - Radar - EW)
Northern Washington DC Area – Silver Spring, MD, Relocation Provided
Competitive Pay, Profit Sharing, Stock, 4% 401K, Great Culture
Must have Active Secret (TS Eligible Ideally)
Our client is a well established defense contractor, specializing in highly technical electronic components, computer software, radar, sensors, DSP, etc. They have a great culture and have been a client of ours for almost 10 years. Turnover is low and it's an upbeat, positive culture.
The experienced M&S Engineer will contribute to efforts in building, improving, and using software simulations of radars, EW equipment, combat systems, and other advanced technical concepts for the purpose of system analysis. We are seeking a strong background in software including C++, Python, Ada, MATLAB, and associated compiling suites. Experience in M&S frameworks such as HLA (High Level Architecture), DIS, and TENA is strongly desired. This position will support system engineers in the development and analysis of new systems/concepts or upgrades to existing systems. There will be significant exposure and interaction with system and electrical engineering tasking, including opportunities for joint software/systems work. Such opportunities will be strongly encouraged.
Experience in operation or modeling of radar, EW, or other military systems is especially desired. Experience and knowledge of data analysis, statistical analysis, and data mining will be given special consideration. Position includes documentation and presentation responsibilities, including presentation to non-software technical staff. Strong written and oral communication will also be required for both daily and presentation duties. It is expected that this role will have some customer interaction responsibilities. This role will be assigned tasking at both individual and team levels.
· Bachelor of Science Required in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering (or similar). Advanced degree preferred.
· 4-15 years of experience in software, modeling, simulation
· Experience with modeling & simulation frameworks, DIS, HLA, and/or TENA
· Focus on application and analysis driven development
· Experience with C++, Python, Ada, and MATLAB
· Experience with radar, signal processing, EW, or other military systems strongly desired
· Strong written and oral communication skills; ability to present to groups
Must be capable of independent work