Get new similar jobs by email for
Mortgage Loan Originator
Are you looking for a new challenge in Mortgage Lending while further advancing your career? Marine Credit Union Enterprise invites you to consider joining our progressive financial institution during this exciting time for our organization! We are a full service Credit Union enterprise offering financial, insurance, and lending services for our members. Based in beautiful La Crosse, Wisconsin, with locations throughout the Tri-State area, Marine Credit Union offers a range of financial services through its Community Banking locations, Insurance Services to members and the general public via Marine Insurance Services, and lending services to other Credit Unions via our Consumer Loan Services subsidiary. A stable and thriving institution, Marine Credit Union Enterprise has the resources and experience to help you further develop your career. We are currently seeking experienced lending professionals for Mortgage Loan Originator positions in Eau Claire, WI.
With the assistance of Mortgage Loan Processing and Administration, Serves as a liaison between prospective/existing Members, community contacts, and the credit union for all mortgage related inquiries. Acts as the primary representative for the organization’s mortgage lending activity to community and industry contacts, building close relationships with them. Interviews applicants for loans, gathers background information as required, and analyzes loan applicants’ credit history. Partners with others to approve or deny loan applications based on analysis. Works with mortgage support staff to ensure timely response to member inquires, and ensure a standard of service excellence. Focuses on Conforming mortgage lending activity, passing opportunities for Portfolio lending to the Mortgage Loan Representative as appropriate. ALL APPLICANTS ELIGIBLE FOR A CONFORMING LOAN WILL BE PROCESSED BY A MORTGAGE LOAN ORIGINATOR.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Develop new mortgage loan business directly and through third-party referral sources.
2. Make sales calls to prospective borrowers to solicit mortgage lending opportunities.
3. Works with a focus upon Conforming mortgage lending activity, completing the application-to-close process with Conforming mortgage loan customers.
4. Partners with Mortgage Loan Representatives by passing opportunities to develop Portfolio mortgage lending business to them as opportunities arise.
5. Manage the mortgage lending process from application to closing.
6. Cross-sell other Marine Enterprise products and services.
7. Partners with assigned Mortgage Lending Associates to successfully complete all facets of the mortgage lending process to the customer’s satisfaction(Assignment of an MLA is contingent upon MLO production level and referral activity).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1) Knowledge of the mortgage loan application process
2) Knowledge of consumer credit
3) Ability to build rapport, explaining product features & benefits, and sell.
4) Skills in developing business.
5) Sound PC computing skills, including MS-Office and loan origination software.
1) Previous Mortgage Lending experience. Experience lending within the Credit Union and/or Banking industry preferred.
2) Experience building networks of community/industry contacts to support sales goals.
3) Experience working in a face to face customer service/sales environment.
4) Experience making outbound calls to solicit business.
5) Experience working in a process-oriented environment with importance placed on attention to detail.
6) A record of success in meeting set, external goals.
Education: High School Diploma. College Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Sales, or Finance desired.