Position Summary :
The primary objective of Mortgage Loan Processing is to manage pipeline of loans within required performance standards for welcome, approval and status calls. Responsible for entering loan information into the Client’s processing system (LPM). Upon order and receipt of documentation, review and approve per authority level. Submit loans to underwriting for conditional review and full approval. Hand-off to closer after performing pre-closing steps.
* Perform credit and property analysis on conventional loan files submitted within the time frame established by departmental management.
* Adequately and effectively explain in written and verbal form the decision reached in a manner that will maintain a positive relationship with all customers.
* Perform timely reviews of conditions submitted, as well as loan resubmissions.
* Handle high risk loans. Analyze challenging loan packages to render sound credit solutions.
* Provide exemplary customer service to both internal staff and external customer by explaining credit decision and offering alternative options when needed.
* Verify and examine information and accuracy of loan application and closing documents.
* Interview loan applicants in order to obtain personal and financial data, and to assist in completing applications.
* Assemble and compile documents for loan closings, such as title abstracts, insurance forms, loan forms, and tax receipts.
* Answer questions and advise customers regarding loans and transactions.
* Contact customers by mail, telephone, or in person concerning acceptance or rejection of applications.
* Record applications for loan and credit, loan information, and disbursements of funds, using computers.
* Prepare and type loan applications, closing documents, legal documents, letters, forms, government notices, and checks, using computers.
* Present loan and repayment schedules to customers.
* Calculate, review, and correct errors on interest, principal, payment, and closing costs, using computers or calculators.
* Excellent customer service and communication skills.
* Ability to prioritize complex diversified responsibilities and multi task in a fast-paced environment.
* Organizational and time management skills to balance workload and meet deadlines.
* Must be willing to assist teammates and build strong relationship with sales partners to achieve closing goals.
* Candidate will be required to obtain first level credit signature authority (AUSI) within timeframe as defined by Client.
Education & Experience:
* High school diploma, Associates or Bachelor’s in Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration preferred
* Minimum 1-year mortgage experienced, preferably in loan origination