eBay is the world's largest online marketplace with more than 94 million active users globally. In 2010 the total worth of goods sold on eBay was $62B ($2000 every second). We love to innovate! We use technology as a fundamental tool to evolve and improve every aspect of the experience we provide to our customers. To innovate at scale, eBay is embracing the Cloud Computing technology.
Cloud Computing is an evolution of computing at scale. Behind the brouhaha lies the efficiency and elasticity that can be achieved through automation. It presents some challenges that are on the edge of what is possible today. We are looking for a talented software engineers for Cloud Engineering who can help in delivering the products and deploying the services towards Cloud vision.
- Developing tools and services for cloud framework using cutting-edge technologies that incorporate software engineering best practices to enhance eBay's software development and delivery capabilities.
- Working with databases and queries
- Working with internet scale, distributed multi-tier systems.
- Working on intuitive and functional UI
- Working with object-oriented design methodology and application development in Java and J2EE, including Servlets, JSP, Java Beans, JMS, RMI, JDBC, Spring framework, REST-ful and SOAP web services.
- Developing open source frameworks and other infrastructure code that others will use.
- Follow agile development process and participate in planning and execution to deliver infrastructure services.
- Master's degree, or its foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, or a closely related field and five (5) years of experience in the Job Offered or five (5) years of experience in the field of Software Engineering or Computer Science OR Bachelor's degree, or its foreign equivalent, in Computer Science, Engineering, or a closely related field and seven (7) years of experience in the Job Offered or seven (7) years of experience in the field of Software Engineering or Computer Science.
- Experience building or using Cloud solution, IaaS and PaaS
- Extensive experience in object-oriented design methodology and application development in Java and J2EE, SOA, ESB, SOAP, REST, JMS, CEP etc.
- Experience working with organizations such as Product Management, Load & Performance, Security, Build/Release, QA and Training
- Experience in distributed multi-tier systems, in consideration of security, scalability and high performance
- Experience implementing RDBMS and/or NoSQL solutions, experience design and work with complex data model
- Experience developing SDK or other infrastructure code that others will use.
- Proven results oriented person with a delivery focus
- Good knowledge of hardware infrastructure and system programming is a plus
- Experience of agile and test driven development is a plus
- Familiarity and contribution to open source community is a plus