Our client has an exciting opening for a Network Engineer for a contract to hire opening. This person will be responsible for ensuring worldwide monitoring, upkeep and online production status of all network infrastructure, tools and technologies for an always turned on 24X7 enterprise network.
· Responsible for supporting company facilities with WAN, LAN, Internet, and application systems topologies, configurations, security, performance monitoring, debugging and equipment configuration.
· Provide second-level support for all network related issues
· Work with the regional facility teams to ensure that changes and upgrades to the global WAN and all office LANs integrate into the enterprise network design.
· Develop and maintain data and network documentation of corporate network and LAN infrastructure
· Monitor, program, and troubleshoot Cisco switches, firewalls, network circuits and VPN technologies.
· Ability to support the operations team with the implementation and connectivity of AS/400, Windows, VMWare, UNIX, Storage, Voice and other infrastructure systems.
· Provide technical leadership and direction to all network related projects to ensure the efforts integrate with the network as a whole.
· Manage and direct resources as needed to respond and resolve technical issues related to network infrastructure to consistently meet established SLA and customer satisfaction criteria.
· Ensure that all network hardware is maintained in working order, hardware errors and failures are repaired/resolved immediately with minimal/no impact to business.
· Ensure that standards are developed for all network equipment and documented.
· Develop and implement network monitoring plans.
· Desirable Certification – Valid CCNP / Valid CCNA
· Advanced TCP/IP Troubleshooting & Problem Analysis. Familiarity with EIGRP and BGP Routing protocols.
· Knowledge of and experience with various TCP/IP protocols.
· Hands on Experience with Cisco 3XXX,7200 routers and Cisco 45xx,65xx and Nexus Switches
· Hands on Experience with Cisco ASA firewalls & IPS, Cisco Wireless infrastructure and security mechanisms.
· Experience in IPSEC/GRE VPN tunnel configuration & Cisco VPN Client configuration.
· Understanding of RADIUS, Cisco TACACS+, and LDAP authentication. Experience with Cisco Secure ACS.
· Experience in Cisco CSS / F5 Load Balancer, IP telephony, Cisco WAAS and general network Monitoring Tools.
· Monitoring - Experience with network monitoring tools such as Solar Winds, Net Flow, and Wire Shark and in implementing one or more of these tools in a large production environment.
· Documentation skills – Microsoft Office Suite including Visio; IP Address Management.
· Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills to interact with a wide variety of internal and external personnel with emphasis on follow-through and reporting
· Must have excellent organization and technical documentation skills with a strong drive for perfection and ability to work extended hours during the week and on weekends
· Ability to work calmly under pressure and meet deadlines and make modifications to the systems with little or no interruption of service
· Ability to organize projects and tasks according to priorities, demonstrate leadership qualities and display ability to communicate effectively project plans and status
· Must be self-motivated and enjoy a sense of pride in their accomplishments.
· Willing to travel occasionally (domestic and international) and train, educate and dispense technical knowledge as needed to new/incumbent members of the team
· The position is responsible for sharing on-call responsibilities in the global network team for a 24x7 Enterprise.