Get new similar jobs by email for
Network Engineer/Senior Networ...
The primary responsibility is to provide full range technical support to SSE Network Services clients. Technical service and customer interaction and delivery must be at exceptional levels on a day-in, day-out basis. Network Engineer will join SSE's experienced Networking Services Team. SSE is a leading Network Services provider, serving the greater St. Louis business community for over 30 years.
This role provides proactive client network maintenance and PC maintenance along with Tier 2 & 3 response to telephone calls, email, in-person, and automated request for technical support, utilizing standard operating procedures.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/SKILLS
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to details.
· Triage, review, and troubleshoot network and PC issues.
· Deliver solutions based on established practices and procedures.
· Able to work when required with minimal supervision, but willing to additionally work in and contribute in a collaborative team environment.
· Strong consulting skills and ability to develop and present solutions.
· Comfortable working remotely or at a client’s site.
· Demonstrated practical knowledge and experience with Server, Desktop, LAN, and WAN technologies. Should have multiple skill sets in many of the following:
- Network Operating Systems: Windows Server, SBS
- Firewall: Cisco PIX and ASA, Sonicwall
- Directory Services: Active Directory, LDAP
- Other Server Technologies; Terminal Services, Remote Desktop Services, Hyper-V
- Other Operating Systems : Unix, Linux, Macintosh
- Core Network Services: DNS, DHCP, RRAS, WINS, Citrix, Terminal Services
- Desktop Operating Systems: Windows, Linux (Optional), Macintosh
- Mobile Systems; Android, iPhone, iPad, Windows
- Communications: TCP/ IP, VPN/SSL-VPN, LAN and WAN, HTTP(S), EDI
- Remote Support Software: VNC, MS Remote Desktop, Remote Assistance
- Patch Management: Windows Server Update Services (WSUS)
- Communications: TCP/ IP, VPN/SSL-VPN, LAN and WAN, HTTP(S)
- Clustering Technologies: Hyper-V, VMWare, P2V, iSCI, SAN, NAS
· Hands-on experience with core third-party support software highly desired, including:
- Operating System Imaging Software: Ghost, Acronis
- Corporate Backup: Veritas/Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis
- Corporate Anti-Virus Software: Symantec, McAfee, TrendMicro, AVG
- Corporate Spyware Software: MalwareBytes, SuperAntispyware, CCleaner
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in related field with 5+ years network or systems administration experience. Professional certification Cisco, Microsoft, or Oracle is a plus. Additionally team members are expected to participate in Microsoft skill development programs.
This position includes a full benefit package, including generous PTO, health insurance; 401K.