Get new similar jobs by email for
Network Engineer, Sr. Network ...
Job # TUSLDCENG201402
Login Network Operations Center
The Login Network Operations Center (NOC) serves as the home base of facility and customer support for Login, a regional data and voice services provider. Login is now accepting applications for the position of Network Engineer, Network Analyst, Senior Network Engineer. This position is part of a team responsible for developing, planning, implementation, support, and monitoring of the Login network including Cisco, Juniper and Adtran routers, IPv4, IPv6, VoIP using Adtran and Cisco products.
The successful candidate will be tasked with supporting existing customers and assisting in datacenter assessment, design, implementation, and support. Experience with related network hardware as well as the underlying protocols is a must. The candidate will serve as technical resource to resolve problem escalations and utilize best practices to design and implement VoIP and IP solutions for customers. The candidate will be responsible for participating in a 24x7 on-call for infrastructure emergencies.
This is a salaried full-time position. As work demands occur, after-hours work is occasionally required. Travel within the region is occasionally required. No overnight stays for this travel are required.
Benefits include health, dental, incomparable sick leave, holidays, vacation, tuition reimbursement for approved job-related courses, and occasional travel and participation in professional education and conferences.
· Configures, tests, and maintains LAN/WAN equipments and related services
· This includes routers, switches, WAPs, VPN appliances, NICs, WICs, NIUs
· Is familiar with test equipment like Fluke LAN analyzer, T-BERT T-1 analyzer, etc.
· Identifies, diagnoses, and resolves network problems
- layer 1 issues including bad cables
- layer 2 issues including STP, bridge loops, etc.
- layer 3 issues including IP routing, ARP resolution failure
- layer 3+ issues including DNS, CDN caching, and others
· Create and maintain comprehensive documentation for all implemented networks
- Document all processes and custom information
- Vet existing documentation to make improvements as needed.
· Provide pre-sales and post-sales technical support
- Help the sales people offer things the customer needs
- Help make it happen
- Help make it be well documented so it can be supported properly
- Assist in preparation of proposals and solution presentations
· Maintain and support company’s LAN/WAN environment
- Linux servers and desktop support
· Maintenance and problem resolution
- router and switch firmware updates
- routine hardware configuration
· Participate in 24x7 on-call responsibilities
· Assist in the development and maintenance of network communications.
· Use knowledge of LAN/WAN systems to help design and install internal and external networks.
· Test and evaluate network systems to eliminate problems and make improvements.
· Test and evaluate existing processes to eliminate problems.
Suggest or implement new processes to make improvements as needed.
· Support the Login team in whatever way possible to meet the goals:
- Give the customer what they need
- Have a positive outlook
- Make sure that if work is performed, it is billed
- Anything performed and billed should be documented
· Maintain currency in configuration, setup, and diagnostics of issues relating to
- Routing (Cisco, Adtran, Juniper, Brocade)
- VPNs (PPTP, IPSec, etc.)
- Desktop issue resolution (including A/V, malware, misconfiguration)
- Customer support at some level (may include responding to calls or trouble tickets)
· Project manager for complex voice technology design, voice network design and proof of concept implementation.
· Responsible for configuration, maintenance, and support, as well as for coordination of upgrades, implementations, and test plans for all elements of the data and voice networks.
· Monitors system health, alerts, and utilization, and analyzes performance indicators to ensure optimal quality and operating efficiency and suggests improvements of existing applications and procedures.
· Stay abreast of current technologies and consistently make recommendations based on knowledge and research.
· Evaluates, pilots, and deploys new voice technologies and services.
· Identify process inefficiencies and develop new policies and procedures if necessary.
· Collaborate with other engineering members and team members, readily share information with others, actively seek customer input, and take responsibility for customer issues if necessary.
· Interface with various telecommunication carriers to develop, implement and troubleshoot voice solutions.
· Perform as the customer's consultant for all clients voice technology related services.
· Participate in an on-call rotation for network and security emergencies.
· Assume and perform other duties and responsibilities not specifically.
Minimum Qualifications for Network Analyst:
Three years of experience installing, operating or maintaining communications network hardware or software; OR,
Associates degree in Computer Information Technology or related field AND two years of experience installing, operating or maintaining communications network hardware or software; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.
Minimum Qualifications for Network Engineer:
Five years of progressively responsible experience installing, operating and maintaining communications network hardware and software and participating in network planning and design; OR, Associate's degree in Computer Information Technology or related field AND four years of progressively responsible experience installing, operating and maintaining communications network hardware and software and participating in network planning and design; OR, Bachelor's degree in Computer Information Technology or related field AND two years of progressively responsible experience installing, operating and maintaining communications network hardware and software and participating in network planning and design; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.
· Prior experience with Cisco Systems IOS, Juniper Networks JunOS, or Adtran AOS.
· Prior experience with Asterisk FOSS pbx software.
· Prior experience with FOSS network management tools including RANCID, NAGIOS, Cacti (RRDtool), MRTG.
· Prior experience with software revision control systems such as SVN, CVS, or Git.
· Prior experience troubleshooting IP routing, addressing, and connectivity issues.
· Demonstrated experience with customer focused problem solving.
· Skill in effectively communicating technical subjects both orally and in writing.