Get new similar jobs by email for
Network Capacity Planner
Network/WAN Systems Programmer-Woodlawn, MD
Candidate should be able to conduct network capacity studies to analyze the performance of Wide-Area Network (WAN) to ensure adequate provisioning of bandwidth capacity and plan for anticipated business growth.
· The employee may be required to perform assigned duties off-hours should the need arise.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
· Be able to conduct network capacity studies to analyze the performance of Wide-Area Network (WAN) to ensure adequate provisioning of bandwidth capacity and plan for anticipated business growth.
· Examine historical network data from various data sources to allow SSA to see how much bandwidth is being used, to see how applications are using bandwidth, and to determine application users and time of application usage.
· Applies expertise to re-engineer methodologies.
· Appropriately applies activity and data modeling, transaction flow analysis, internal control and risk analysis and modern business methods and performance measurement techniques.
· Establishes standards for information system procedures.
· Analyzes and studies complex software requirements.
· Serves as a lead resource in the design, development, implementation and maintenance of complex systems.
· Develops and supports using formal specifications, data flow, diagrams, and other related design and development techniques.
· Analyzes user requirements, procedures and problems to automate manual processing.
· Ensures effective configuration management of systems and applications.
Education and/or Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or Business)
· Equivalent combination of knowledge and specialized experience may be acceptable in lieu of a degree.
· At least 5 – 10 years’ experience desirable.
· Create new methods of posting bandwidth analysis and conducting bandwidth utilization analysis through automation, or improve on pre-existing automated processes.
· Research and document network configuration changes using progression logs
· Produce ad-hoc bandwidth analysis studies
· Conduct monthly bandwidth analysis studies of sites that are approaching or exceeding bandwidth utilization thresholds identified by ad-hoc requests or Monthly NEWS reports.
· Document and maintain daily, weekly, and monthly status reports of all bandwidth capacity studies using Microsoft’s Word, Excel, or PowerPoint.
· Interact with staff in other components to gather requirements and provide bandwidth recommendations.
· Attend meetings, interface orally and in writing with multiple components within SSA, research network performance problems, and research new tools, etc.
· Provide detailed weekly accomplishments using Microsoft’s Outlook.
Software to be used includes but is not limited to:
· SAS Macro,
· Visual Basic and the
· MS Office suites of products, including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
Clearance:Candidate will be required to obtain a Public Trust clearance
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.