The Cardiology Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant works under the supervision of the Practice Manager and clinical supervision of a Cardiology physician.
• Evaluation, diagnoses and treatment of patients for healthcare issues
• Assures completion of pre-operative consent and discussion of Cath Lab procedures with patients
• Reviews medical regimen, medications and test results for cardiology practice patients
• Supervises stress tests and some ultrasound testing performed in imaging center
• Performs device interrogations in office/online; triages issues for device clinic patients
• Performs pre-admission testing on cardiac cath patients for the WHV physicians
• Acts as physician extender in office by handling follow-up patients, unscheduled urgent visits, INR management, genetic testing, post-procedure visits as well as working with physicians during regular office hours
• Coordinates patient outreach activities such as Bariatric seminar, free screenings, etc.
• Experience in hospital or practice setting preferred
• Completion of nurse practitioner or physician assistant educational program registered by NY State Education Department
• PA or NP certification
• Knowledge of eclinical or other EMR preferred