Get new similar jobs by email for
MISSION: The mission of the Long Island FQHC, INC. is to increase access to comprehensive primary and preventive health care and to improve the health status of the community, especially for the underserved and vulnerable.
JOB TITLE: Nurse Practitioner Director
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Care Transitions-FQHC and Designated Physician
The following statements reflect the general duties, responsibilities and competencies considered necessary to perform the essential functions of the job and should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements of this position.
· Responsible to oversee the day to day activities and supervision of the staff under the Transitions Care Program
· Provide expertise for post discharge patient regarding education, treatment, medications and discharge planning
· Development of a departmental tracking system for patients care coordination and care management across a continuum of care, referrals, report management, and two-way communication between the PCP, specialists, and/or other providers
· Identify, triage & monitor all nursing issues identified on dashboard daily via thru bi-directional calling system and triages responsibilities to appropriate staff for follow-up
· Evaluation of and appropriate follow-up care to prevent further disease exacerbation, untoward complications, or additional ER or hospital utilization.
· Medication Reconciliation and monitor Treatment Adherence
· Collaborate with Pharmacy on a routine basis to access prescribed medication, as needed
· Other duties as assigned
· Strong analytic, judgment and decision-making skills essential
· Current Registered Professional Nurse License
· Masters Degree FNP
· National NP Certification
· Computer skills including Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and Power point
· Bilingual in English/Spanish/Creole required
SALARY: Commensurate with experience
MORE INFORMATION: This is position is offered under a two year Grant
The LIFQHC provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, marital status, sexual preference and orientation, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap/disability in each aspect of the human resources function. Applicants as well as employees who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. The LIFQHC shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.