Manager of Ocean Sales Development
Location: Sterling/Norfolk, VA, Baltimore, Maryland, or Newark, New Jersey
$85K – $110K Base plus strong bonus
- Generally prefer 2-4 years of related supervisory or management experience doesn’t have to be direct management.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in ocean freight required would like some experience working for an NVOCC and maybe some experience with business development at a steamship line.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of Federal Maritime Commission Rules and Regulations required.
- Exceptional interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required.
- Planning, organizing, and managing ocean sales development with new and existing customers in a specific geographic area.
- Responsible for achieving quota relative to ocean transportation business being purchased by all customers located within that geographic area, by either selling them himself or assisting other sales people in the selling process.
- Provide specialist support to other Sales organizations for Ocean Import freight and Cargo Management opportunities. Will also have individual responsibility of identifying and selling new Cargo Management accounts for the company.
- Work with other sales resources in the geographic area to help them sell new business and to help maintain existing ocean inbound business
- Sell new business from both new and existing accounts
- Insure all account assumptions are included in company handling procedures and agreed upon rates filed
- Prepare RFQ responses for customers located in geographic area of responsibility
- Participate in training of sales professionals in ocean products and contribute to ocean product development
- Perform other activities as directed by management
- Have the ability to work on problems of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Exercise judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Act as advisor to subordinate(s) to meet schedules and/or resolve technical problems. Develop and administer budgets, schedules, and performance requirements.
- Frequently interact with subordinates, customers, and/or functional peer managers.
- May interact with senior management.
- Interactions normally involve matters between functional areas, other company divisions or units, or customers.
Email resume to email@example.com and reference job EBM-WD-13