Get new similar jobs by email for
Office Support / Administrativ...
Gibraltar Coins & Precious Metals
Assistant Retail Buyer – Coin, Gold and Precious Metals Dealer
Gibraltar Coins & Precious Metals is seeking an enthusiastic, organized and self motivated individual to join our team in Clearwater, FL as an Assistant Retail Buyer. In your role as an Assistant Retail Buyer, you will combine customer service and buying responsibilities with office support duties. You will receive training in the purchasing of coins, gold and other precious metals.
The Assistant Retail Buyer position will involve:
· Greeting and assisting clients as they approach the counter
· Purchasing old gold jewelry and other precious metals from retail clients
· Filling out required paperwork for client transactions
· Supporting and assisting rare coin traders and customers
· Supporting company operations by maintaining office systems and procedures
In addition tot he posted salary range, you will be entitled to one week paid vacation in the first year after six months with the company. In the following year, you will be given two weeks paid vacation. A group dental plan is also available for purchase.
IMPORTANT: When sending a resume for this position, you MUST include a cover letter answering the following three questions. No resume will be considered that does not include this cover letter.
1. What professional qualities set you apart for an interview for this position?
2. If a client were to walk into our store and need help while you were already helping another customer, how would you proceed?
3. If you were responsible for hiring for a position such as this one, what qualities would be most important to you?
In your role as an Assistant Retail Buyer, you will work both behind the counter and in the back office, assisting with a full range of duties. You will need to shift gears from helping clients to performing clerical and administrative duties and back again multiple times every day. You will also contribute to our team effort by constantly striving to learn additional aspects of the business.
Your specific duties as an Assistant Retail Buyer will include:
· Keeping the office organized and providing organizational support for our coin buyers
· Qualifying clients and making appointments
· Maintaining Excel spreadsheets
· Answering the telephone
· Maintaining customer and coin databases
As an Assistant Retail Buyer, you must be self-motivated, high-energy and be willing and eager to learn. A friendly, positive and hard-working attitude will make you an ideal fit with the atmosphere of our business. It will also be vital for your role as an Assistant Retail Buyer that you have strong attention to detail and organizational skills as well as the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. We would prefer that you have NO prior coin collecting experience, as we will provide you with all of the training you need.
Specific qualifications for the Assistant Retail Buyer position include:
· Minimum 2 years experience in office support, banking or retail or as an administrative assistant
· Good general math ability
· Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
· Solid customer relationship skills
· Intermediate computer proficiency
· Willing to work Saturday hours: You will typically have Sunday off and one weekday off
· Ability to pass a complete pre-hire background and credit check
- While not essential, the ability to navigate Social Media is a plus