New Penn is a regional less-than-truckload motor carrier providing reliable next-day service through a network of 24 service centers located in the Northeastern United States, Quebec, Canada, and Puerto Rico. Since 1931, New Penn’s culture of providing service excellence with a can-do attitude has created a legacy of quality and customer satisfaction. Safety is a priority with every employee in the day to day operations at New Penn. When you work at New Penn you enjoy the security of knowing you work for one of the most financially stable companies in the industry.
Job Purpose Statement
This position supervises at least two individuals. The supervisor has direct responsibility to supervise and coordinate all activities for dockworkers, drivers, and other support personnel. This position is responsible for the safe execution of operational plans and strategies to ensure timely, damage-free, loading/unloading and delivery/pick-up of freight. This position is responsible for managing employee relations which also includes; hiring and/or termination of employees, training, coaching and counseling, oversight of production and/or processes.
The position requires excellent focus, high energy and enthusiasm, forward thinking, strong analytical capability, excellent problem solving, the ability to manage change, solid execution and a commitment to safety to help the company meet financial objectives and exceed customer expectations. This position also requires independent decision making utilizing Company procedures and guidelines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Manage activities and processes involved with the loading and unloading of trucks.
· Foster a “safety first” culture throughout the operations to ensure a safe work environment for all personnel and visitors
· Observe loading operations to ensure conformance to Company policies and procedures, as well as, Federal Department of Transportation regulations.
· Responsible for staffing to include: work assignments/rotations, employee training, employee breaks, overtime assignment, and coverage for absent employees.
· Analyze processes and procedures to produce maximum service with minimal downtime.
· Responsible to meet terminal safety, productivity, and quality goals
· Responsible to ensure all activities meet or exceed Federal and State safety regulations and guidelines
· Record and manage data within appropriate timelines.
· Provide training for new employees and provide on-going coaching for existing staff
· Utilize computer skills in a mainframe environment..
· Provide oral and written communication to all levels of employees within the Company.
· Work at a high level of confidentiality as needed.
· Drive results and continuous improvement in the organization.
Required Education and Experience:
· High School diploma and/or some secondary education. (Degree Preferred)
· 5 - 10 years leadership experience preferred. A combination of education and experience is acceptable
· Strong problem solving and analytical skills
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Practical knowledge of root cause analysis
· Proven ability to use Mainframe applications