Get new similar jobs by email for
Outside Sales Position – Marketing & Advertising
Enthusiastic. Hardworking. Caring. Positive. Successful. These are just some of the characteristics that make up the people of American Marketing & Publishing (AMP). We offer a great training ground for people looking to begin a career in sales, in a positive upbeat environment, where you can learn how to be a successful salesperson.
We are one of the most rapidly growing print and digital advertising sales companies in the U.S. Here at AMP we help nearly 50,000 independent business owners advertise intelligently to their local community through our well loved HomePages Directories, CloseBy Text Marketing & OPTIMA (Online Presence + Information Management Assistance).
We publish over 500 highly trusted community directories in IL, IN, IA, KY, MI, MN, NE, OH, TN and WI making us the nation’s largest publisher of community specific directories. Our combined print circulation exceeds that of the Wall Street Journal, USA Today, and The New York Times combined.
OPTIMA helps our customers manage their online presence and reputation and be found where their customers are looking online or on mobile devices. We also provide CloseBy® Text Marketing where we send millions of messages each month on behalf of thousands of family owned businesses. Whether it is mobile marketing, online presence and reputation management, or content hosting, we see it as central to our mission to provide compelling local advertising technologies to our hardworking small business clients at a low cost, and with great results.
Our Leadership & Opportunity:
Our company's 17 year record of steady, significant growth provides our employees with tremendous opportunity for personal and professional advancement. We believe that homegrown management produces the very best leaders and are proud that 100% of our management team started at AMP doing the work they now manage. We take personal development seriously, from paid new rep training to ongoing training and leadership development with our executive team.
Expansion, growth and practical innovation are the core of our corporate culture here: AMP has grown every single year since its founding in 1997; average office employee compensation has increased 16 out of 16 years; and average field sales compensation has grown 15 of 16 years.
We hire achievers who are looking to put the pedal to the floor in their career. Our employees are relentlessly helpful and are motivated by the freedom of uncapped earnings potential, combined with a base salary and excellent benefits (Blue Cross/Blue Shield, car allowance, 401K, paid time off). Our work is not for everyone, but if you want to join a group of winning people who produce winning results for their customers, we should talk!
* Base salary (average first year earnings $50,000, overall company average $76,014)
* Uncapped commissions
* Bonuses & incentive contests
* Extensive paid professional training programs including Initial Sales Training, daily
morning Success & Motivational Conference Calls and Ongoing Training/Leadership
development with company executives
* Excellent Health Benefits (Blue Cross/Blue Shield PPO), Prescription Drug, Vision (VSP),
Dental (Delta Dental), Disability & Life Insurance
* 401(k) Retirement Plan with discretionary company match
* Car and cell phone allowance
* No overnight travel, work within 45 minutes of home
* Paid Time Off including 15 personal/vacation days and 9 additional paid holidays
* Significant recognition, incentive programs and Leadership Summit Trip for top
* Career advancement opportunities to senior sales positions & management with world
class District Manager training and development
* Work in a positive, encouraging and enthusiastic environment
Responsibilities & Requirements:
* Sell our entire product portfolio including HomePages Directories, OPTIMA and CloseBy
Text Marketing by offering to all the businesses within your protected territory.
* Grow your protected territory by selling new business and renewing current customers
that will be given to you.
* Entrepreneurial mindset with ability to work independently and accountability for results
* Ability to work 40 hours in the field selling per week
* Be comfortable with a fun, fast paced, pavement pounding, deadline driven, presentation-
oriented position with a short sales cycle, and many times, a one-call close.
* Bachelor’s Degree, preferred although not required
* Must be able to make a great first impression and build instant rapport.
* Must be highly organized and demonstrate excellent follow-up skills.
* Must enjoy hunting sales and have enthusiasm for in-person, business-to-business sales.
* Must demonstrate good judgment and consistent professionalism while working with all
members of the business community
* Must be concise and confident asking for the sale
* Must have a valid Driver’s License and reliable, insured transportation
* We are an Equal Opportunity Employer