Get new similar jobs by email for
Outside Sales Account Executive
Job & Company Overview:
We provide an awesome opportunity for energetic, positive professionals looking to take the next step in their sales career or to expand their horizon into the field of sales. We offer a great training ground for people with 0-2 years of sales experience to work in a positive upbeat environment and learn how to be a successful salesperson. This also can be a perfect fit for the experienced Sales professional looking to join the marketing and advertising world with a growing organization. Our company's 16 year record of steady, significant growth provides our employees with tremendous opportunity for personal and professional advancement.
At American Marketing & Publishing®, we are experts in helping small and medium sized business owners advertise intelligently. In a business world of increasing complication and overwhelming advertising clutter, our well loved community directories and industry leading text marketing tools cut through the chaos to deliver ready to buy customers and real local sales for a minimum investment. We have been helping small business owners grow and thrive in their communities for 16 years.
This is a fun, fast paced, deadline driven position with a short sales cycle and many times a one-call close. Our Account Executives work in protected territories where they make 40 daily in person visits to the merchants in town and to whom they sell our traditional local directory advertising and mobile marketing services. Our expectation is to meet and exceed targeted revenue and account goals for assigned projects within a given timeframe by implementing the proven HomePages® Sales System and Marketing Program.
Our sales people must be smart, ambitious and able to see a project through to its successful completion. In-person prospecting and the ability to stay focused on a goal are critical to succeeding in this position. Our successful employees share a number of common sales traits, including an ability to stay organized, a willingness to work very hard and a high level of interpersonal persuasive skills.
If you are a high-energy individual with a winning attitude and work ethic, you will find a strong match to your talent and initiative at our firm. Capable, self-directed, achievement-oriented employees are the foundation of our business. We offer excellent compensation and benefits, outstanding initial and ongoing training, and rapid advancement opportunity.
We think of the hiring process as a critical first step in sustaining a straightforward, positive and performance-oriented company culture. We look forward to reviewing your application and speaking with you in person.
What matters in your career search?
As a successful person looking for the next step in your career and so many opportunities, what do you reach for? With which company will you invest your precious working time, your professional life, and your talent? We here at American Marketing & Publishing have approached business decisions like this by considering two factors: stability and opportunity. We offer you both.
In terms of stability:
· We’re a strong, growing company. We have grown every single year since we started in business in 1997, fifteen years ago. In 2013 we are budgeted to grow by more than 30%. With a print run that now exceeds the circulation of USA Today, the Wall Street Journal, the New York Times and the Chicago Tribune combined, we have grown to become the nation’s largest publisher of community directories. Our business counts over 40,000 small business customers.
· Our people are winners. Our CEO is a graduate of Harvard Law School. Our Chief of Operations is a summa cum laude graduate of Georgetown University and has a Master’s Degree from Harvard University cum laude. (She is also a nine-time Division One NCAA All-American athlete.) Our EVP of Technology, a Notre Dame grad with 15 years leading sales organizations in our industry, is a published author and a national authority on small business marketing. While it’s easy to talk up the backgrounds of our executives, as you get to know members of our sales team, you’ll find that all people here are incredibly talented and share an intense drive to win at work. We run a flat organization without office politics. It’s everyone’s job to help our reps make sales.
· American Marketing & Publishing has a sterling reputation. We win renewal business from most of our customers year after year and still do business with many of the first customers we sold when we started in business 16 years ago. We have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. We enjoy a well deserved reputation as nice people to work with.
Switching to opportunity:
· We produce a superior print product, and we have built a very robust text marketing business. Every HomePages® Directory becomes the most used and most advertised-in directory in its marketplace. As we continue every year to take more and more market share in the traditional directory publishing industry, we are also aggressively building a text marketing business and already count over 4,000 family owned businesses as text customers. We are uniquely positioned among advertising sales organizations to offer our small business customers sensible, affordable, and effective mobile advertising solutions.
· We value talent and promote from within. We’re growing quickly. That gives us an acute need for talented, hardworking sales representatives who can step up to earn and grow in our company. We give our sales force the best training available and provide them with top notch management and sales materials. We are proud of our consistent record of promoting exclusively from the sales field.
· We pay welland offer excellent benefits. And when our hard working small business customers buy from us, our greatest reward is the feeling we get, knowing that we helped those customers earn an incredible return on their investment in our advertising products.
· We believe in continuous self-improvement. Training begins on the first day and continues every week of your career. We employ a combination of classroom and field training to keep skills sharp for top performance. We grow our leaders from within and offer a series of Leadership Development courses ranging from daily conference calls to monthly meetings.
In 2012, the company’s average full year sales compensation was just above $72,000, with top performers consistently earning more than six figures. Combined with the broad array of benefits offered, and in light of the tremendous prospects for growth inherent in our nationally unique business model, joining the HomePages sales team can be one of the most lucrative, challenging and rewarding opportunities that you will come across in a lifetime.
· Base Salary, Commissions, Bonuses and Incentive Contests. (Realistic first year $50,000+)
· Excellent Health Benefits (Blue Cross/Blue Shield PPO), Prescription Drug, Vision (VSP), Dental (Delta Dental), Disability & Life Insurance
· Car and Cell Phone Allowance
· Extensive Paid Professional Training Programs including daily morning Success & Motivational Conference Calls
· Generous Time Off including 15 paid time off days and 9 additional paid holidays
· Significant Recognition, Incentive Programs and President’s Club Trip
· Consistent Internal Promotions into Senior Sales and Sales Management
Job Requirements of Outside Sales Account Executives:
Each day you will hit the field by 8:30 am and sell until 5:00 pm three days per week and until 7:00 pm two days per week approaching 40 local business owners in your assigned community to present HomePages advertising and our mobile marketing solutions.
· From those 40 in person calls, you will present to 8-12 decision makers on average, resulting in several sales daily
· This is a fun, fast paced, pavement pounding, deadline driven, presentation-oriented position with a short sales cycle, and many times, a one-call close.
· Bachelor’s Degree, preferred although not required
· Must be able to make a great first impression and build instant rapport.
· Must be highly organized and demonstrate excellent follow-up skills.
· Must enjoy hunting sales and have enthusiasm for in-person, business-to-business cold calling.
· Must be self motivated and able to work independently.
· Must demonstrate good judgment and consistent professionalism while working with all members of the business community
· Must be concise and confident asking for the sale in a one call close
· We are an Equal Opportunity Employer