Get new similar jobs by email for
Member Care Representative #15...
An opportunity to join a Fortune 100 company!
Hours: 10:30 am- 7 pm (Thursday/Sunday off)
SUMMARY: Learns to service property/casualty insurance business via direct (inbound) telephone and/or Internet contact with current customer and agents in multiple states. Learns to provide counseling regarding insurance needs and product availability. Typically specializes in one line of business. Note: this is an entry level/trainee role; promotion to the band C level is contingent upon successful completion of required formal and on- the-job training, meeting quality standards, and attainment of state licensing where required.
RELATIONSHIP: Reports to Service Supervisor
1. Under direct supervision, handles incoming calls and/or e-mails from existing personal lines customers, agents and/or 3rd party insured according to best practices. May do limited outbound calls and follow-up work as required to process customer requests.
2. Learns to answer questions and provide explanations regarding service requests and coverage, limits and deductibles considering customer needs as well as company guidelines.
3. Requests necessary forms and follow-up on receipt of trailing documents. Follows up for necessary documents and payments in order to process customer requests.
4. Assists and contributes to the team's current goals by meeting individual goals.
5. Obtains and maintains current understanding of service techniques and product offerings.
6. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education: High school studies; some undergraduate studies preferred. Ability to obtain state licenses) where required.
Experience: One year related work experience. Prefer experience in the insurance industry or customer service environment.
Knowledge: Knowledge of general business practices and terminology. Prefer familiarity with insurance or customer service concepts.
Skills/Competencies: Strong verbal and interpersonal skills to communicate technical insurance information to customers. Requires the ability to operate personal computer and related business and insurance software.
Credit Check: A valid credit check and/or background check may be required as part of the selection process in locations where a State Department of Insurance license is required for the position.
Staffing Exceptions to the above minimum job requirements must be approved by the: HR and Director
Overtime Eligibility: Eligible (Non-Exempt)
Working Conditions: Call center environment; possible 24/7/365 hours of operations. Extended periods of sitting/using personal computer and phone. Non-standard hours based on phone volume.
ADA: The above statements cover what are generally believed to be principal and essential functions of the job. Specific circumstances may allow or require associates assigned to the job to perform a somewhat different combination of duties.
Job Evaluation Activity: 5/2012 CAH
Job Function/Job Family: CUS/PCC
Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company, its affiliates and subsidiaries comply with the Iowa Smokefree Air Act. Smoking is prohibited in all enclosed areas on or around company premises as well as company issued vehicles. The company offers designated smoking areas in which smoking is permitted at each individual location. The Act prohibits retaliation for reporting complaints or violations. For more information on the Iowa Smokefree Air Act, individuals may contact the Smokefree Air Act Helpline at 888-944-2247 or click here.
To formally apply please visit www.nationwide.com/careers, click 'Apply' in the upper right hand corner and follow the below steps. Here's how to get started:
1. Register - While you don't have to register to view job openings, you will need to register to apply and set up job alerts.
2. Search - Please search for the specific Job Opening #15545.
3. Apply - Use your on-line resume or upload a resume to let us know you're interested.
4. Submit - Be sure you've included all requested information.
If you are experiencing issues applying, I recommend that you attempt submitting your application again and using either Google Chrome or Mozilla FireFox to submit your application in the meantime. We're currently having some pop-up issues with Internet Explorer 9 that are preventing users from applying.