Houdini Inc is searching for a new Package Development/Designer. The Package Development Designer is primarily responsible for designing and building food, candy, and liquor baskets or packages based on the specific requirements for all of our customers; including wholesale club stores, and e-commerce accounts. In addition, this person is responsible for price pointing designed baskets to meet cost requirements. Responsibilities also include and are not limited to the following: Pulling containers for design presentation layout, using analytical skills to layout basket line and needs of specified customer, sourcing new products via shopping, using outside media reference tools etc., assisting with mock up creation for samples/presentations and working closely with design supervisor, graphic artist, junior designer, foam cutting assistant, design room assistant on needs for presentation.
About The Company
Since 1984, Houdini Inc. has been the leading supplier of upscale food and wine gifts to re-seller's throughout the U.S. Our trend-right gift assortments are found at America's foremost warehouse clubs, mass merchandisers, liquor retailers, specialty stores, catalog companies and internet sites.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Design and build food, candy and liquor gifts.
- Assist Director of Design as needed on various customer requests and presentations.
- Work with the Sourcing/Purchasing Departments to identify new materials (i.e. containers, accessories, textiles) from domestic and international vendors and research competitive market and trends.
- Assist with the following tasks as needed for various photo shoots, customer requests and presentations.
- Meet with Director of Design/Design Supervisor on customer’s presentation requirements.
- Attend daily design team meetings to know design agenda and presentation deadlines.
- Attend and participate in recap presentation meetings.
- Light to moderate lifting of baskets required.
- Use of machinery. If for some reason need to cut any foam inserts. Must follow all safety regulations and procedures.
- Must use all safety and/or hazardous precaution materials when operating machinery or anything that emits fumes.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be able to demonstrate the following qualities: Creativity, organization, ability to multi- task and problem-solve.
- Must possess excellent communication skills and able to work well with others in a fast paced work environment.
- Self starter and able to work with minimalsupervision.
- Knowledge of computer skills: Excel, and Outlook. Must be highly proficient in Excel and Price/Cost Analysis.
- Knowledge of final product design and production.
- Full or part time work experience in manufacturing environment helpful – Design experience, experience in creative field recommended.
- High School diploma required
To apply for this position or refer someone you know, please use our online interview system managed by Accolo. Apply for this job
Once you have completed the online interview, your information will be forwarded to the hiring authority for decisions on next steps.
- Related Keywords:
- creative, design, hospitality, gifts, excel, outlook, price/cost