Get new similar jobs by email for
You need an in demand, high paying, and rewarding career! Stop looking and start seeing yourself as an Ophthalmic Medical Technician. It is Ophthalmic Medical Technicians’ Week and the Katzen Eye Group is hiring!
Katzen Eye Group provides hands on training to service minded individuals entering the healthcare field!
Katzen Eye Group, with offices in Lutherville, Rosedale, and BelAir, MD as well as Mercy Medical Center, is seeking experienced, energetic and customer service minded Clinical Technicians to join our growing team. We are Maryland’s largest private eye care practice, with twenty one highly skilled doctors providing services in retina, oculoplastics, laser vision correction, cataract, glaucoma, optometry and aesthetics/cosmetics.
We are an extremely fast paced practice, with an emphasis on customer service.
The Clinical Technician is a vital part of the Katzen Eye Group team and requires the ability to clearly and effectively communicate with a diverse patient base. You will be responsible for comforting patients while performing necessary diagnostic tests and measurements. We are seeking highly motivated, team-oriented professionals with excellent interpersonal skills, who can communicate precisely with both patients and doctors.
Daily duties may include: obtaining ocular and systemic medical histories, measuring and recording visual acuities, intraocular pressures and refractions, and maintaining optical and surgical equipment.
Ideal candidates will be:team-oriented, enthusiastic, courteous, reliable, possess a strong desire to learn, possess superior computer skills and empathetic with a clear understanding of exemplary customer service. Extensive in-house training and continuing education opportunities are available. They will also have:
· Minimum of a HS diploma with some college preferred
· 2-5 years of experience in a clinical setting preferred but will train the right person
· Ophthalmology or general healthcare experience is preferred
· Certification (COA, COT) is highly encouraged. We will provide the tools for future certification
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Demonstrate superior computer skills
· Experience with EMR and EPM, NextGen is strongly preferred but not required
· Be a well organized,team-player with great attention to detail
· Superior computer skills
· Must be able to walk and stand for eight hours
· Must be able to type or write legibly in a dimly-lit setting
This position includes some Saturday and evening hours. You will be required to travel to multiple locations within the Baltimore area.
This great opportunity offers a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package including Health, Dental, Life and Short Term Disability coverage, uniform reimbursements, 401k, PTO, and continuing education opportunities.
Email your resume to email@example.com for consideration.