Get new similar jobs by email for
Personal Fitness Training Prog...
Gurnick Academy of Medical Arts is a leading Bay Area private college offering an extensive variety of medical, health and fitness programs.Gurnick Academy is a proud Academic Partner of the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) and offers a live, comprehensive Personal Fitness Trainer (PFT) Program that prepares students to sit for NASM’s Certified Personal Trainer (CPT) Exam. In addition, Gurnick Academy’s PFT Program offers live continuing education courses for certified fitness professionals to earn NASM’s specialized credentials in Performance Enhancement (PES), Corrective Exercise (CES) and Weight Loss (WLS).
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for part-time Adjunct Faculty Instructor positions in the Personal Fitness Trainer (PFT) Program at our San Mateo Campus.
Theprimaryfunctionofthe Adjunct Faculty Instructorcanbedivided into3 categories–preparationforclass,classroom managementand educationaladministrativetasks.Withinthesecategoriesthe Adjunct Faculty Instructor’s roleistoensurestudentsareproperlypreparedtotakeeachtestorexamination and prepareinadvanceeach day’sinstructionalplanandanynecessarysupportingclassroommaterials. Studentmanagementincludesinvolvementtoensuresatisfactoryacademicprogressisbeingmaintainedandthatstudentmarks,attendance,remediationdocumentation,and other documentsareallkeptuptodate.Itisimportantthatthe Faculty Instructorhasan understandingofhowtokeepstudentsmotivatedwhiledeliveringtheexpectedstandardsoftheprofessionthrough appropriatecounseling.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
· Teach six-week/60 hour continuing education courses for NASM’s Performance Enhancement Specialist (PES), Corrective Exercise Specialist (CES) and Weight Loss Specialist (WLS) credential courses scheduled throughout the academic year.
· Teach the Certified Personal Trainer (CPT) Certification course from the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM). The course is twelve weeks and is offered four times per year. Specific classes include: Human Movement Assessment, Special Populations Fitness Prescription, Integrated Training Concepts, Fitness Program Design, and Weight Loss Specialist.
· Supervise the study and hands-on learning activities of students through quizzes, homework review, laboratory and class interactive questioning.
· Provide tutoringwhenappropriatetostudents.
· Provide guidanceontest-takingandstudy-habitbestpracticestothestudents.
· Utilizeavailable teaching aidstoenhancethelearningexperiencesofthe students.
· Providecopiesofthesyllabus and lesson plan toeachstudentonorbeforethefirstdayofclass.
· EvaluatetheacademicprogressofthestudentsandprovideperiodicfeedbacktotheProgram Supervisor.
· Develop remediationplanforstudentswhohavereceivednon-passinggradesorforotherreasonsto improvestudents’academicperformance.
· Staycurrent, compliantandenforceschoolpoliciesintheclassroom and on campus.
· Support the program enrollment,implementationofstandardsand deliveryofcourseworkmaterials.
· Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in Exercise Science, Kinesiology or health-related field is required.
· Current CPT Certification from the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) or other recognized certifying organization (NSCA, ACSM,) is required.*
· Performance Enhancement Specialist (PES) and/or Corrective Exercise Specialist (CES) credential is required.
· Minimum 5-7 years experience as a personal trainer in commercial health club or clinical setting is required.
· Previous classroom and/or workshop experience developing personal trainers is highly preferred.
· Completion of Teaching Credential & Curriculum Development Course is required upon hire.
* Qualified candidates must have an in-depth understanding of the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) OPT™ Model and be thoroughly competent in teaching both theory and practical application.
To apply for this position, follow the link below.