AlixaRx is a national long-term care pharmacy organization that has both Full and Part-Time Closed Door Pharmacy opportunities immediately available. Our mission is to deliver pharmacy services for post-acute care medical settings that Restore Health, Improve Patient Outcomes and Provide Cost-Effective, Accessible Healthcare Solutions. AlixaRx has a new approach to pharmacy services that incorporates remote automated dispensing technology.
To find out more about AlixaRx and to view a video showing our in-house designed ADU, please visit our website at http://alixarx.com
Our team members must be dynamic, dedicated, patient-oriented, and have a passion for long-term care. If you are interested in joining a fast-paced, cutting edge pharmacy team, please read on!
Supervise and direct the day-to-day activities and performance of the hub pharmacy including prescription processing, customerservice, order entry, production and shipping. Perform prescription verification duties to deliver superior patient care and customerservice. Monitor and manage the prescription process in the pharmacy. Support an environment that promotes optimal efficiencies,staff retention and superior quality of business office employees.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
* Responsible for managing and directing the work of staff pharmacists and pharmacy technicians.
* Responsible for the intake and efficient fulfillment of prescription orders.
* Promote open communications between internal and external customers, to enhance cooperative efforts, improve
* Plan and coordinate department meetings.
* Responsible for maintaining schedules for all staff pharmacists and pharmacy technicians.
* Responsible in gathering and documenting any and all pharmacy occurrences reports for QA/QI purposes.
* Develop and maintain relationships and interaction with physicians, nurses and facility administrators regarding
prescription andpharmacy dispensing issues.
* Responsible and accountable for positive customer relations.
* Assist the General Manager and Corporate Pharmacy Operations team in pharmacy staff training evaluation and
* May dispense medications, support/counsel nursing facility staff on the use of prescription and over-the-counter
medications, andadvise physicians about medication therapy.
* May advise/counsel patients about general health topics, such as diet, exercise, and stress management, and
provide informationon products, such as durable medical equipment or home healthcare supplies.
* Assess and manage current issues/challenges, staffing needs, escalated complaints from facilities and pharmacy
building issues (i.e.phone lines down, server down, attempted break ins).
* May function as the Pharmacist-in-Charge for the Hub pharmacy.
QUALIFICATIONS * Bachelors Degree in Pharmacy from an accredited college or school of pharmacy
* PharmD degree, preferred
* Long-term care pharmacy experience as a Pharmacist preferred
* License to practice pharmacy is required in the state of the position is required. Must also be willing to obtain licensure for multiple states per request of the General Manager
* 2 - 3 years previous supervisory experience preferred
* Must be willing to serve as Pharmacist-in-Charge if needed
* Must be able to show proven leadership abilities
* Must be able to communicate effectively
* Must be capable of maintaining regular attendance
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES & BEHAVIORS
* Ability to develop and enforce policies and procedures that ensure safe, quality patient care
* Possess strong knowledge of positive medication-related practices and outcomes
* Willingness to promote and educate all aspects of safe medication use, associated disease states, and regulatory
requirements to pharmacy staff
* Ability to effectively serve as support to pharmacy staff in identifying inappropriately prescribed medications
based on duration, diagnosis, dose, frequency or specific patient characteristics
* Review and assure regulatory compliance (OSHA, State Board of Pharmacy, etc.). as well as adhere to all Golden
Living's ethics, policies and procedures
* Understands, promotes and complies with rules and regulations governing residents' rights
* Keeps abreast of current state, federal and company policies, procedures and regulations
* Adhere to regulatory and company compliance, Code of Conduct and Business Ethics (OSHA,DEA, State Board of
Pharmacy, etc.). Advise pharmacy staff on changes to any known regulatory changes/updates
* Must possess strong interpersonal skills
* Must have strong oral and written skills
* Must possess strong leadership abilities to coordinate multiple associates and provide direction to accomplish job
* Must have strong organizational and communication skills
* Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point or other Windows based software programs
* Must be able to maintain confidentiality regarding patient and company proprietary information
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS
Mobility, reaching, bending, lifting (minimum of 10 pounds), fine hand coordination, ability to read and write, the ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions and directions, ability to travel, and ability to remain calm under pressure.
Delivering the best possible care for our patients means having the best team. That's why we're committed to helping talented professionals like you achieve your professional goals on every level with:
* Management and clinical career ladders
* Ongoing education through Golden University
* Leadership training opportunities
* Company-paid trainings and certifications
* Mentoring programs and more
If this matches your goals and passion, please apply for these positions as we want to talk to you. Apply today!
AlixaRx is always seeking skilled professionals who take pride in their work and want to be a part of our innovative team. We’ll reward this dedication with a comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical insurance, retirement savings plans, paid time off and much more.
AlixaRx knows that to deliver the best possible patient care, it starts with the best team. That’s why we are committed to helping talented professionals like you achieve your professional goals on every level by providing:
ð On-going education through GoldenUniversity
ð Company-paid training and certifications
ð Leadership Opportunities
ð Management and Clinical career ladders.
Apply now and let us get to know you!