Get new similar jobs by email for
JOB DESCRIPTION: Physician’s Assistant
This position is primarily responsible for providing general medical care and treatment to patients in Rockdale and Newton Medical Centers, under direction of physician by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Performs history & physical examinations; Provides preventive health education within prescribed guidelines and instructions of Physician.
Orders, interprets, and evaluates diagnostic tests to identify and assess patient's clinical problems and health care needs.
Records physical findings, and formulates plan and prognosis, based on patient's condition.
Discusses case with Physician and other health professionals to prepare comprehensive patient care plan.
Submits health care plan and goals of individual patients for periodic review and evaluation by Physician.
Prescribes and/or recommends drugs or other forms of treatment such as physical therapy, inhalation therapy, radiologic tests or related therapeutic procedures.
Refers patients to Physician for consultation or to specialized health resources for treatment.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
· Analytical - Collects and researches data; Uses lab values and diagnostic values to complement data; Designs impressions (diagnoses) and health care plans
· Design - Demonstrates attention to detail.
· Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
· Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
· Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
· Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings (when appropriate).
· Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information.
· Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
· Visionary Leadership - Displays passion and optimism; Inspires respect and trust; Mobilizes others to fulfill the vision; Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates.
· Change Management - Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change
· Quality Management –Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
· Diversity - Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Promotes a harassment-free environment.
· Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
· Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
· Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
· Motivation - Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
· Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources.
· Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
· Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
· Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
· Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
· Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
· Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to completing tasks when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
· Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Master's degree (M. S.) or equivalent; or four to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Licensure as APRN – Board Certified AANP or AANC
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures andapply concepts of basic algebra and drug calculations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
§ Registered Nurse licensed in the state of Georgia
§ Master’s degree in nursing (MSN) programs with a minor in Family Nurse Practitioner.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, and smell.
The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Must be able to travel between Rockdale and Newton Medical Centers, as well as, the Conyers and Covington offices.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Page 1 of 4