Get new similar jobs by email for
Job Title: Engineer
Department: Process Engineering
Reports To: Manufacturing Division Manager
Work with new and existing tooling. Test and qualify proto type and production tooling. Provide aid to the Design group including repairing and updating existing molds. Assist in the Development and evaluation QA / QC process systems, procedures, and statistical techniques. Manage and coordinates activities of a designated project to ensure that goals or objectives of the project are being accomplished within defined time frame and budgets.
This position will provide the successful candidate an opportunity to train in all the business aspects of the company to establish a complete and well rounded skill set for the Company. These skills will enable the successful candidate to effectively assume Management & Leadership roles in the Company in the future.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES(include the following. Other duties may be assigned.)
1. Suggest methods, materials and tooling modifications per procedure.
2. Sample and debug proto type and production tooling per procedure.
3. Implementation of new molds, system improvement, and experimental designs.
4. Interface with all departments (ie: Quality, Maintenance, Tool Room, Package Development, Customer Service, General Management) as required.
5. Analyzes production capabilities and standards.
6. Statistical processes and capability studies
· Mold / process capabilities and qualifications
· Process development
· Design of experiments and testing techniques
7. Reviews project proposals and/or plans to determine time frame, funding limitation, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project.
8. Establishes work plan and staffing for each phase of the project, and arranges for recruitment or assignment of project personnel.
9. Confers with project staff to outline work plan and to assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to work with minimum supervision.
Must have knowledge in the following areas:
· Communication: (with both internal and external customers)
· Oral and Written
4 year Engineering Degree and a strong processing background is a plus.
EXPERIENCE AND BACKGROUND
· Ability to define problems,collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Troubleshooting of technical problems. Analytical skills involved with being a resourceful and innovative problem solver.
· Experience in Plastics technologies working with injection and/or injection blow mold machines.
· Experience in injection and/or injection blow molding operations.
· Experience with tooling.
· Ability to read and comprehend instructions, job orders, standard-operating procedures, safety rules and maintenance procedures. Ability to read and analyze reports and documents.
· Advanced processing skills.
The Plastek Group
Attn: Director of HR
2425 W. 23rd Street
Erie, PA 16506