Would you like to get on the ground floor of a stable, well-established company? Confused about how to do that lacking a TARDIS or DeLorean? Well now, you can!
Our well-established financial services company is starting up an internal software development group, and you can be a part of it! NextGear Capital is looking for talented DBAs to help us manage, develop, deploy, and monitor databases for cloud-based business systems. You'll work closely here at our Carmel, Indiana offices with the development and infrastructure teams to manage the future of business systems for NextGear. You'll work with local and cloud-deployed databases in Postgres, NoSQL databases, Big Data, and so on, and you'll work with the Business Intelligence team to help them produce high-powered analytics. For a complete job description or to apply online, visit our posting on SmartRecruiters today.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Candidate should have in-depth expertise in designing and developing data queries, charts, dashboards, and metrics and trend reporting.
- Perform predictive analytics and monitor, adjust and update scoring models.
- Provide financial data for analysis and review by executive management.
- Create and execute complex SQL queries focused on extracting and evaluating data.
- Create visualizations of data for business user review, i.e. bar charts, line graphs, Visio charts, etc to provide meaningful interpretations for action.
- Design dashboards to highlight key performance indicators for immediate consumption.
- Interface with business intelligence (BI) developers to identify business requirements and mockups for implementing said requirements.
- Work with business users to review, analyze and evaluate business systems and users needs to ensure all business requirements have been met, documenting findings and communicating appropriately.
- Participate in all BI development activities, including development, testing, implementation and rollout.
- The selected individual must be highly motivated and have skills in business analysis as well as data analysis.
- Candidate should have a proven track record of being able to plan, prioritize, estimate, and deliver projects and work efforts on time.
- Willing to learn new tools and technologies to be able to work effectively in a rapid growth environment with changing needs and requirements.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum 2+ years of experience working with SQL, Data Warehousing and databases, and Business Intelligence concepts and solutions.
- Experience in working on medium to large scale Enterprise Data Warehouse environment is a plus.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills, ability to think strategically.
- Able to work independently, self-motivated and a strong team player.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to communicate with all levels of the organization.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related field preferred.
- Previous analytical and data-related experience (at least 3 years).
- Previous experience working with financial data is a plus.
- Industry knowledge or experience equivalent.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to stand and sit for periods of time.
- Ability to operate office equipment, computers, faxes, copiers and phones.
- The position requires good speaking and listening skills
- The position requires the ability to perform focused work with close attention to detail.
- Corporate office position.
- Some travel may be required.
This information is not designed to be a complete inventory of the job’s duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. Rather, it’s designed to give the general nature and level of work to be performed by employees assigned to this job title.
To apply for this position please click: