Are you driven by what's next? Become a Cablevisionary.
We are looking for Cablevisionaries who always keep the customer first in mind, who insist on continuing to learn every day, who thrive in a highly collaborative work environment and who when presented with a challenge, don't quit until they find a solution.
The Principal Architect has expertise in technical architecture, design and engineering. Typically, the Principal Architect is assigned to multiple, enterprise class assignments that are large scale, highly complex, strategic and/or highly visible. The Principal Architect provides strategic direction and technical leadership in two or more of the areas of operating systems; database, network, storage, server and processor technologies; application architecture and design; and data management. In addition, the Principal Architect must provide strategic direction for identifying emerging technologies, prototyping their use, and assisting in the operationalization and initial implementation of these technologies.
· 5+ years of experience as an Information Systems professional
· 5+ years of application and systems design experience
· Associates or Bachelor's degree preferred, minimum of 60 College credits required or military experience or technical/trade school certification.
· Background in designing and deploying enterprise class software solutions in a Java, Oracle environment
· Strong systems integration background, with knowledge and experience in messaging, Big Data concepts and technologies, CEP and BPM
· Specific understanding of the systems and applications used in the telecommunications and cable television industries a plus
· Experience with UNIX/Linux and Microsoft Windows a must
· Experience with enterprise class and scale application architecture, design, development and deployment methodologies a must
· Experienced in architecting solutions in a highly complex environment
· Knowledge of, or experience in customer care and call center applications is a plus
· Knowledge of event-enabled architectures, high-volume/ low-latency messaging, in-memory data technologies, and streaming analytics a strong plus.
· Comprehensive knowledge of problem analysis, structured analysis, and design techniques
· Ability to effectively identify and adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs
· Strong analytical and conceptual skills; ability to create original concepts/theories for a variety of projects
· Must be highly organized and detail oriented
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace