Get new similar jobs by email for
Principal Hardware Systems Eng...
We are looking for a HW Systems Engineer with extensive background in board development and with server hardware to support and sustain Data Domain’s proprietary and ODM-based development efforts. He/she will be responsible for the system design and implementation of Data Domain's current and next generation products. Prefer someone with prior experience with hard disk based storage products.
• Perform early qualification testing on hardware components (motherboards, CPUs, PCIe add-on cards, disk drives, power supplies) to ensure they meet cost/performance requirements.
• Perform hardware bringup and design validation test in the lab.
• Drive hardware, firmware, and software integration at the system level. Resolve HW/SW interaction issues.
• Perform system design and implement highly reliable storage products. Will work with ODM's mechanical, electrical, and firmware development teams to achieve product objectives.
• Build prototypes and configure systems, load and configure BIOS and FW, troubleshoot HW/SW issues.
• Lead cross-functional activities, ensuring successful release of the project to manufacturing.
• Create & execute hardware qualification test plans. Document test results.
• Specify diagnostic test requirements for new hardware.
• Drive regulatory, environmental, and compliance tests (thermal, shock & vibration, safety, and EMC).