Principal Satellite Communications Systems Engineer
Commercial Ventures Payload Architect.
The Commercial Ventures Payload Architect will provide strategic focus to the up-front program phase of creating competitive, program winning payload solutions for our customers. The following are a summary of the duties:
• Develop relationships with satellite customers in order to facilitate up-front collaboration with customers prior to RFP release.
• Work with Market Assist team to perform pre RFI and pre RFP strategic planning
• Receive and interpret RFI/RFPs to break down requirements into architectural concepts
• Collaborate with Antenna, RF, Structures, Power and other satellite subsystem leads to create competitive, winning Payload architectural solutions.
• Ensure Payload architecture meets design to cost objectives.
• Create hardware mini-specifications to facilitate internal and external cost estimating.
• Write payload proposal and executive summary volumes in support of proposal submission.
• Support internal Executive Planning Panel presentations
• Lead answering payload related proposal follow up questions.
• Lead Payload discussions at customer Orals presentations.
• Collaborate with New Business, IPT leads, and functional management on establishing strategic direction for payload capabilities.
RF Engineering, Payload Design, New Business Development, Proposal Writing, Satellite Communications, SATCOM, Spacecraft, Commercial Satellite, A2100, Antenna Design and Development and Microwave Hardware Design.
The successful Candidate will possess the following:
• Educational and general experience requirements -
• Minimum 15 years in the communications satellite industry with the majority of that time spent in a communications payload role.
• Demonstrated capabilities to create winning satellite communications payload architectures and solutions.
• Demonstrated abilities to bring customer perspective to the table in performing payload architecture solutions.
• Experience with communication satellite tools.
• Excellent, near expert, capabilities in Microsoft Excel
• Excellent Microsoft office skills
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Excellent collaboration and interpersonal skills
• Willingness to travel (foreign and domestic) up to
• Selected candidate may be required to support TDY to Newtown PA to support program transition to the Denver facility.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Littleton Colorado