Get new similar jobs by email for
Principal Systems Engineer
Overview of the Role:
As a Systems Engineer at Foliage, you take responsibility for the overall technical integrity of software and multi-disciplinary product development projects for clients in a broad range of industries including medical, industrial, and aerospace applications. Our clients include startups, mid-size, and large multinational corporations that value our experienced, flexible, and innovative staff.
The Systems Engineer performs requirements assessment, functional architecture design, technical risk mitigation, interface definition, system performance evaluation, test and verification, and standards compliance analysis. In addition, you will support business development, requirements gathering, and project planning and definition.
· 7+ years of experience in engineering design and development
· 8+ years of additional experience in an engineering leadership role for multi-disciplinary design, development, and delivery of products across the full development life cycle
· Completion of one or more end to end embedded HW or SW full cycle product developments
· 5+ years of experience working within a formal engineering quality process (regulated preferred).
· Familiarity with electronic, mechanical, and software development practices.
· Excellent communication skills in technical, business, and client interactions
· BS or MS (Preferred) in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science or a related discipline
· Meet with clients to formulate detailed requirements that will drive the product design
· Collaborate with project engineers to develop architectures, allocate requirements, define interfaces, perform engineering tradeoffs, identify and mitigate technical risks, assess performance, and verify compliance with requirements and applicable standards and processes
· Provide technical oversight to a multi-disciplinary team throughout the development and delivery process through release to manufacturing
· Support the Project Manager in achieving the overall project objectives including cost and schedule
· Support project planning and estimation
Foliage is an Equal Opportunity Employer