Process Development Engineer-Aluminum Extrusion
The Process Development Engineer will be responsible for the development of extrusion related process and product development for increased productivity, production of new alloys, and the introduction of new products. This will entail, extrusion practice development, determination of the viability of new processes, and validation of performance in both developmental and production scale introductions.
- The Process Development Engineer will develop extrusion processes for new product introductions.
- Coordinate with Application Engineers to develop solutions relative to market and customer wants.
- The Process Development Engineer will provide technical expertise with respect to the assessment and optimum equipment selection of potential capital projects.
- Assess the performance of capital investments from a quality and productivity standpoint and help to resolve issues to achieve the expected investment goals.
- The process Development Engineer will assess the performance of existing equipment and processes to determine opportunities for improvement and lead the implementation of these solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Metallurgical (Materials Science) Engineering
- Previous 5 years industrial experience in aluminum extrusion required.
- Safety focused work ethic.
- Proven ability to work in teams.
- High attention to detail.
- Proven safety focused leadership.
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong PC skills, including Windows, Word, and Excel and database management.
- Laboratory testing technique skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- It is anticipated that this position will require ~25% travel.
WHAT CANDIDATES SAY ABOUT THIS RECRUITER:
Very professional, flexible on my schedule, perfect follow up & spoke very professionally.
Larry, Sales Manager in the Chicago Area