Get new similar jobs by email for
Process Development / Process ...
Title: Process Engineer
Dept: Corporate Strategy – Global Process Engineering
Education and Experience:
· B.S. Chem. Eng. from ABET accredited program minimum. Graduate level engineering or business education is beneficial.
· 10-25years of experience typical
Critical Corporate Competencies:
· People Leadership – Builds team cohesiveness.
· Teamwork – Builds collaboration by reinforcing shared values and norms.
· Communication- Shares information in a clear and concise style and encourages others viewpoints.
· Well Networked- Builds relationships internally and externally.
· Simplification- Identifies ways to streamline or improve process efficiencies.
· Creative Thinking- Is open to innovative ideas that support positive business results, thinks outside the box.
· Customer Mindset – Executes projects to meet customer needs and timing.
· Sense of Urgency- Conveys the importance of accomplishing goals.
· Prioritization – Uses time effectively and effectively manages distractions.
· Get Things Done- Maintains a consistent and high level of productivity.
· Commitment to Global Results – Demonstrates vested interest in global business results
· Positive Attitude- Consistently exhibits a positive attitude internally and externally
· Navigating Ambiguity- Accepts change by adapting work style and methods to new conditions
Specific Functional Competencies:
· Ability to use sound engineering principles to solve technical design and process development problems.
· Extensive knowledge of instrumentation, control systems, and processing equipment typically employed in the chemical manufacturing industry.
· Effective and experienced at participating in and leading team based projects.
· Well organized and able to work with limited oversight.
Designing and specifying existing and new product/plant/process projects including calculations, flow diagrams, mass and energy balances, and equipment specifications in accordance with company standards and legal requirements. Responsible for implementation and maintenance of the Quality System.
· It is required of the Process Engineer to be responsible for his/her own safety and the safety of others at all times.
· Adhere to all applicable EH&S regulations and Engineering Standards. Participate as needed in safety audits, incident investigations, PHA/HAZOP studies. Ensure company and statutory EHS standards are maintained, including Responsible Care.
· Complete all assigned and required safety training in a timely manner.
· To participate or lead, as required, safety audits/inspections, event investigations, PHA/HAZOP studies, Six Sigma teams, project management teams, and project briefings. Ensure company and statutory EHS standards are maintained including Responsible Care.
· To maintain, develop, and apply standards that ensure compliance with legislation, Responsible Care, and in fulfillment with the Shareholder’s expectations.
· Conceptual design and economic evaluation of processes or modifications and, with R&D personnel, to aid the smooth transition of projects from the laboratory to pilot plant to production, by identifying plant/process requirements, progression and commissioning of plant/process modifications.
· Development of equipment performance specifications.
· Providing heat and material balances for processes or process modifications.
· Pilot Plant and/or equipment testing of a process or process step
· Alternative raw material evaluations.
· Lead contract manufacturing evaluations.
· Detailed engineering review and Process Manual writing and to participate in various engineering aspects of capital projects.
· Start-up supervision of a new process or modification at pilot or commercial scale.
· With other specialist engineers and managers in the U.S. and other SI Group sites, to serve as a technical lead in the design, implementation, and improvement of new and existing projects and processes.
· Fulfill TSCA responsibilities as defined in the document titled “TSCA Compliance Management System Manual 2- TCMS Standard Operation Procedures by Job Title.
· Maintain relationships with plant and equipment suppliers, specialists, and consultants including various university faculty, and contactors of various disciplines.
· Provide support, as needed, in all areas to the Director – Global Process Development.
· Understand the ISO9001 Quality System/ISO14000 Safety System and how it affects or impacts their job functions and what requirements are needed in their job functions to comply with these system.
· Maintain competency in using job specific tools such as Aspen, Autocad, pipeline planner, etc.
· To participate in training courses and/or in-house training in support of the role and to keep abreast of developments in chemical engineering by attending specialist meetings and exhibitions and by reviewing technical literature.