The Process Engineer will be responsible for the development of new injection molded processes for leading edge products and supporting sustaining processes. Define process experiments and overall approach to the New Product Development/Validation process.
We are looking for a team player who is dependable and demonstrates a positive attitude and willingness to learn.
The candidate will need to be skilled and/or have experience in the following disciplines:
• Strong knowledge of Scientific Molding Methodologies
• Defines process development methods, and drives DOE definition.
• Develops process metrics and control parameters to be utilized for control of all production.
• Systematically optimize processes, equipment and mold configurations for new product development.
• Documentation of operating procedures for injection molding and automation systems
• Conduct systematic analysis to troubleshoot problems
• Experience in injection molding mold setup and removal
• Ancillary equipment setup, including but not limited to, mold temperature controllers, EOAT, automation, dryers, conveyors, etc.
• Perform startup and shutdown of injection molding machines and equipment
• Assist Maintenance Technicians with machine and mold repairs as needed
• Knowledge of polymer materials and process interactions and characterization approaches to quantify process materials interactions
• Self-starter, ability to complete projects on-time without daily management
• Ability to demonstrate the utilization of statistical concepts and applications for process development and improvements
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
• Strong mechanical aptitude
• Accurate and detail oriented
• Advanced computer, math, and problem solving skills
• Ability to share knowledge with others
• Experience and ability to operate machining equipment (mills, lathes, etc.) forklifts, overhead cranes, or applicable equipment utilized in the manufacturing environment
• Experience with Arburg injection molding machines is a plus
• 5+ years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
Education: BS in Engineering, Polymer Science, or closely-related discipline