Get new similar jobs by email for
This position is with MAPFRE Insurance located in Garden City, NY.
Assist in the maintenance of all buildings and properties. Supervise, train and direct staff members to effectively complete assigned tasks. Provide operational support to all departments within the company.
· Education: Bachelor's Degree or professional level of knowledge in a specialized field, or equivalent related experience preferred.
· Experience: 0 - 3 years or Associates Degree equivalent plus 2 - 5 years.
· Knowledge: General knowledge of industry, practices, standards, and concepts within related operations and field of work. Familiarity with management practices.
· Decision Making: Administers and executes policies and procedures that typically affect individual subordinate employees. Exercises moderate decision-making in determining specific tasks to accomplish departmental objectives. Often operates within established policies, procedures, and parameters. Problems are generally moderate in scope.
· Supervision Received: Assignments are generally task-oriented and operational. Generally receives moderate supervision. Work is reviewed for soundness of judgment, quality, and efficiency of unit operations.
· Leadership: Monitors daily operations of a unit. Accomplishes tasks primarily through supervision of non-exempt and entry-level exempt employees. Supervision involves hire, fire, pay, appraise decisions - not a Lead or Coordinator. Provides direction primarily using established procedures and policies.
· Problem Solving /Operations/Direct Work Involvement: Monitors daily operations of a unit and actively assists, or provides direction to subordinates as required. May perform ongoing operational tasks, especially in staff, professional groups.
· Client Contacts: Majority of communication is with subordinates to middle managers internal and externally. Communication is usually related to specific tasks, project phases, or short-term operational issues.
Must have a basic knowledge of all technical aspects of building trades and maintenance including, electrical plumbing and carpentry with special emphasis in HVAC technology and computer/telephone cabling. Basic PC skills required.
About MAPFRE Insurance:
We are a leading property and casualty insurer committed to recognizing our employees as our most valuable resource. We are focused on attracting, developing, engaging and retaining quality employees to ensure mutual success. We offer competitive wages and benefits including: Health, Dental, Life, PTO, Holidays, 401(k), Profit Sharing, STD/LTD, Tuition Reimbursement, Flexible work schedules and a Casual attire environment.
Our Employee Value Proposition:
We have earned a solid reputation as a "great place to work." Our employees have stated that we offer the following:
Competitive Total Compensation/Benefit Package
Financially Stable Company
Future Career Opportunities
Convenient Company Locations
Quality Management and Colleagues
Strong People Management Practices
Quality Senior Leadership Reputation
If this position/job title is not posted on our website, please apply for future openings. To view complete job descriptions and apply, please visit jobs.mapfreinsurance.com
To apply for this position, please click the "Apply" button below.
An Equal Opportunity Employer