The Product Designer designs and develops new products and product improvements by performing the following duties. This position is responsible for taking products from concept through production under aggressive timelines. Must possess some knowledge of molding, plastics, soft goods (not required but a plus) and printing basics and have a strong focus on the design, aesthetic elements and manufacturability of products.
As our Product Designer, you will design and develop new products and product improvements. Your creative and inventive skill set will successfully take our products from concept through production and then out to the world! Along with designer capabilities, this position also requires a high aptitude and strong knowledge of designing mechanisms that are an integral part of the design of the product.
If you know that you have what it takes to make the team, you are in luck because we are taking sign-ups! If you have the right experience and the drive that we want and need, this job is YOUR perfect fit!
MUNCHKIN MAKES THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE FOR BABIES AND MOMS. Munchkin, Inc. develops clever, innovative products that excite and delight parents and children. The company was founded in 1991 on the premise that it could anticipate and serve parents’ needs by developing uncomplicated baby products that make parenting - and life - easier and more enjoyable. Here are a few of the milestones in Munchkin's 23 year history that have shaped what the company is today. Munchkin's mission is to rid the world of tired and mundane products by developing clever, innovative solutions that excite and delight families -- making parenting safer, easier and more fun.Munchkin knows it’s the little things® that often make the biggest difference.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Evaluates current and proposed products based on factors such as appealing appearance, design-function relationships, serviceability, materials and methods engineering, application, budget, production costs and specifications.
- Conceptualizes, illustrates and communicates new product concepts through quick sketching, foam mockups, and preparing presentation boards.
- Must be able to assess product obstacles and use design skills/experience to successfully complete the project.
- Responsible for working closely with the Product Development and Marketing departments to drive brand consistency across all products and to establish key design features.
- Evaluates, analyzes, and makes recommendations on products, designs, and cost improvements to improve the competitive position of the product and relays this information internally and to overseas operations.
- Participates in creation of concept research product definition: customer needs, idea generation, feasibility, specifications, concept visions and models in a team environment.
- Procures materials needed to construct prototypes and in involved in the design engineering of new models.
- Analyzes test data and reports to determine if designs meet functional and performance specifications.
- Performs technical analysis of competitive products.
- Designer will work with licensed product that is applied to new product ideas as well as existing.
- Act as advisory specialists to management on matters regarding develops new products and product improvements.
- Regularly exercises discretion and independent judgment on the development of new products and product improvements.
- Closely monitor and analyze competitive trends and activities by visiting retail stores.
Education / Experience / Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) in industrial or mechanical design/engineering is desired from four-year College or university; or four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must possess some knowledge of molding, plastics, soft goods (not required but a plus) and printing basics and have a strong focus on the design, aesthetic elements and manufacturability of products.
- Should be proficient with Illustrator, Photoshop and Solidworks.
To apply for this position or refer someone you know, please use our online interview system managed by Accolo. Apply for this job
Once you have completed the online interview, your information will be forwarded to the hiring authority for decisions on next steps.
- Related Keywords:
- product design, product designer, consumer product, retail, engineering, training, soft goods, aesthetic elements, manufacturability, industrial design, develop new products