Join the team that is setting the pace in the industry.
MGA Entertainment, leading the revolution in family entertainment has a number of outstanding job opportunities in a stimulating work environment that encourages creativity, perseverance, teamwork and a sense of responsibility.
MGA Entertainment develops a broad range of proprietary and licensed products by using new technologies never before applied to toys. The Company's diverse product line features interactive dolls, electronic handheld games, girl's lifestyle products and smart toys, including robots and interactive plush toys.Company's diverse product line features interactive dolls, electronic handheld games, girl's lifestyle products and smart toys, including robots and interactive plush toys.
Product Development Designer
Mission: The designer is responsible for new concept generation, development, and follow through to production.
|Key Result Areas ||Time Utilization |
|1. ||Design and develop products ||100% |
| || || |
|TOTAL TIME UTILIZATION ||100% |
- Must have at least 3-5 years in Industrial Design (action figure experience preferred) within the preschool, hard goods or toy industry working within the boys categories. Plastics, electronics and/or mechanical experience are a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree B.S.I.D or B.A.I.D
- Strong track record of managing and developing people.
- Strong creative, artistic and aesthetic skills and the ability to integrate these skills with functional utility to product needs.
- Experience with CAD and a computer based design. Specific software experience required includes SolidWorks, Pro/E, AutoCAD, Illustrator and Photoshop. Strong 3-D and structural design competencies.
- Strong analytic and communication skills.
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously and take products from initial concept through to production.
- Demonstrated ability to understand the marketplace and develop product to address real opportunities.
- Reports to Sr. Designer
Key Result Areas and Activities:
- Participate in business and product strategy development, including creating innovative slots and rationale for existing brand.
- Assist in new product brainstorming.
- Aid in concept development for existing brands and new areas of expansion.
- Research and review new product categories.
- Prepare sketch drawings of potential product ideas and concepts.
- Develop detailed drawings and or models of potential products.
- Assist in presentations for review of product design concepts. Prepare final drawings of new products.
- Create 3-D models or illustration drawings of new products.
- Prepare various product description/documentation forms required by other departments for turnover of final product designs for manufacturing.
- Interface and communicate with the overseas offices on all aspects of the design and development process.
If you are a goal-oriented and self-motivated individual that enjoys a dynamic fast-paced work environment, we encourage you to e-mail your resume. Please include the position in which you are applying for on the subject line. Local candidates only! No phone calls or faxes please.
MGA Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req. Code : 107
Division/Department : Product Development (Operations Support)
% of Travel Required : None