Nutrition Express is one of the nation’s leading business-to-consumer suppliers of health and sports supplements. We conduct business through our website at nutritionexpress.com, our catalogs, and our retail stores.
Overview of responsibilities
- Responsible for dietary supplement product development activities for new and reformulated products.
- Manage formula changes on an “as needed” basis for approximately 400 existing dietary supplements in our two brands (private label health food store brand and sports nutrition brand).
- Responsible for each product’s specifications and documentation to comply with dietary supplement cGMP’s, which include clear and accurate formula information to our contract manufacturers.
- Research ingredients and recommend new products and suppliers in the dietary supplement marketplace.
- Provide to management studies or documentation on the scientific validity of new ingredients to justify their inclusion in a formula.
- Coordinate with other staff members the submittal of new structure and function claims to the FDA on an “as needed” basis.
- Prepare price comparisons, forecast sales potential and suggest new product categories.
- Compile ingredient specifications, pricing and availability and prepare documentation for bidding new or existing products out to various contract manufacturers.
- Responsible for the accuracy of product label sections such as directions for use, supplement facts or nutrition facts, ingredients, allergens, contains no statements, warnings, label sizes, label changes, as well as determine certain packaging specifications such as bottle and cap sizes and colors, scoop sizes, etc.
- Provide input for the development of product labels and marketing materials.
- Proof our quarterly catalog to insure the private label products are accurately represented.
- Insure internal processes and documentation complies with company procedures and cGMP requirements.
- Acts as a technical resource for consumer questions as needed.
- Interface with Manufacturing, Purchasing, and Quality to insure products are manufactured to our high quality standards.
- Hire and manage one junior product developer staff member.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in nutrition or life sciences.
- At least 3 years experience developing dietary supplements.
- Excellent computer skills; high proficiency with MS Excel.
Compensation commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Local candidates only.