Astek has an immediate opening for a Product Engineer interested in working with high-speed electronic components that operate in the GHZ range. This Product Engineer will support both analog and digital product lines. The Product Engineer will focus on new releases of both ASICs and multi-chip modules (MCMs) used in high-speed analog and digital applications. The ASICs use the latest technologies and processes to allow performance in the GHZ range. The MCM assemblies use both Thick film and Thin film processes to provide the interconnect for performance in the GHz range. This product engineer will work in a team that is developing and manufacturing electronic assemblies operating with bandwidths in the 1GHz to 30GHz range.
Ideal Candidate witl Have:
- A minimum of a BSEE, BSET or a Bachelors degree in Physics or Chemistry,
- 5+ years of product engineering related experience,
- Experience with high-speed circuit designs and techniques,
- Experience in a manufacturing environment with MCM electronic assemblies,
- Solid understanding of SMT, direct die-attach and semiconductor processing,
- Basic understanding of high-speed design techniques,
- Basic understanding of Thin Film and Thick Film processing techniques.
- Improve yields of ASICs and MCM assemblies,
- Reduce the number of different shop materials used in the manufacturing of products,
- Perform root cause analysis using diagnostic, product test, failure analysis, quality and debug techniques,
- Provide engineering support for a range of products through all phases of product development and manufacturing,
- Work closely with test and process engineers during development and production release to drive manufacturing yields,
- Drive activities with packaging and assembly subcontractors to ensure stable production releases, sustaining production and yield monitoring/improvements,
- Take lead on RMA/FA requests from customers and subcontractors. Drive to root cause, implement corrective actions and document results,
- Communicate technical product status to management,
- Efficiently function in small teams or independently to complete assignments on-time,
- Work independently in lab to determine root failure,
- Setup design of experiments on complex failure mode.
Critical Competencies to Drive Business Results
- 4 year technical degree,
- Understanding of fundamental Quality Metrics used during the manufacture of electronic components,
- Previous product engineering experience supporting a production line,
- Technical background and experience,
- Lab debug experience using standard test and measurement equipment,
- Customer-Centric Focus,
- Understand how businesses operate and use this context to drive innovation and ethical decision-making,
- Develop methods for supporting innovation and change across the organization,
- Problem Solver.
The ideal candidate will have excellent problem solving skills and will approach problems in a rational manner using sound strategies that ensure comprehensive understanding and effective resolution Candidate must have US citizenship or current authorization to work in the US. This job is in the Colorado Springs, Colorado area and relocation reimbursement is not being offered.
Interested applications should submit a resume (Word Doc or PDF format) online to us along with a short cover letter describing your background, skills and experience that you feel would make you an ideal candidate for this position.