We're Siemens, a global innovation company helping the needs of businesses, communities and employees right here in the US. From improving security at airports, to helping healthcare professionals make more accurate diagnoses of the heart, to reducing delivery time for forwarded mail and beyond, we're achieving the unexpected all because of our employees. Which is why we offer a work culture where ideas are free to fly, diversity programs that capture the strengths of thought rather than ethnicity, and mentoring and training programs that can take careers to new heights. And that's pretty inspiring.
Because when you and 70,000 diverse minds innovate together, you can change the world. Imagine that.
automation & control • building technologies • energy & power • financial services • hearing solutions • industrial solutions
• information & communication • lighting • medical solutions • transportation • water technologies
Product Manager - Diagnostics IT Hosted Solutions
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Division: SMSD - Diagnostics
Location: NY - Tarrytown
Req ID: 134287
Position Title: Product Manager - Diagnostics IT Hosted Solutions
Experience Level: Senior Level
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Travel Required: No
Siemens’ Healthcare Sector is one of the world's largest suppliers to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics, medical information technology and hearing aids. Siemens Healthcare offers its customers products and solutions for the entire lifecycle of patient care – from prevention and early detection, to diagnosis, treatment and aftercare. By optimizing clinical workflows for the most common diseases, Siemens also makes healthcare faster, better and more cost-effective. Siemens Healthcare employs over 50,000 employees worldwide. In fiscal year 2011, the Healthcare Sector posted revenue of 12.5 billion Euros. For more information on the Healthcare sector, visit: www.siemens.com/healthcare
This position can be located in Tarrytown, NY or Flanders, NJ.
This position is a global Product Management role, reporting to the Director of Portfolio & Product Management of the Siemens DX CAI IT Business Unit. The incumbent will be responsible for:
• Product Management, Product Lifecycle Management, and Product Health responsibilities for Siemens Remote Service (SRS @ DX) and syngo Lab Inventory Manager.
• Drive special strategic and operational projects to enhance Siemens offering, and increase process efficiencies.
• Leading cross functional teams to govern product and portfolio strategy, product roadmaps, product health, and new product development initiatives.
• Build relationships with suppliers and partners
• Participate in cross functional projects with relevant instrument and automation teams
• Analyze customer needs, competition and drive new requirements into the product roadmaps
o Sense customer needs and market trends
o Analyze competitors’ portfolios and products
o Define and communicate long-term product roadmaps
o Prioritize product development and product health investments
o Allocate funds for new product development
o Allocate funds for product health initiatives
o Interface with strategic innovation and strategic planning
• Define products and support new product development
o Represent the Product Management function on PDP core teams
o Write business plans for new products
o Support PDP financial model creation and analysis
o Plan and execute customer-centric product definition
o Write Design Input Requirements (DIR)
o Define product pricing strategy and set list pricing
o Leading/organizing the cross functional activities to improve global product forecast and supply chain processes
• Manage product health and support product improvements
o Lead Product Health Teams (PHTs)
o Monitor product health and customer satisfaction
o Reporting on key product metrics to the Product Health Steering Board
o Prioritizing quality improvement projects
o Support product health task teams to resolve acute issues
o Participate in SPPs, PQCs, FCAs
o Initiate CPE and PDP projects to improve product health
o Plan and execute product end-of-life programs
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Solid understanding of the clinical laboratory’s workflow.
• Knowledge of the clinical laboratory industry.
• Understands the role of IT in improving lab workflow.
• Understanding of service and support processes and remote support
• Ability to understand and do a deep dive in technical requirements.
• Preferably detailed knowledge in at least one of the following business functions: Product Management, Marketing, R&D, Service and/or Program Management.
• BS/BA in related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum 7 years of industry experience.
• Approximately 10% travel required.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Experience in either healthcare workflow consulting, or service are highly preferred but not required.
• MBA is preferred but not required.
• Experience with remote service tools, inventory management systems, or hosted IT solutions are a plus.
• Experience in managing cross-functional teams
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, veteran or military status.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status,
or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.