ABOUT SS&C TECHNOLOGIES:
Headquartered in Windsor, CT and with offices throughout North America, Europe, Asia, and Australia, SS&C, a GROWING leader that provides the global financial services industry with a broad range of highly specialized software, business process outsourcing (BPO) services and application service provider (ASP) solutions. We deliver mission-critical processing for information management, analysis, trading, accounting, reporting and compliance
The Product Manager develops and manages PORTIA’s long-term plans to evolve products and solutions to meet the needs of clients and prospects, as well as oversees sales enablement and commercial support activities to drive revenue. The Product Manager studies PORTIA’s markets and segment, serving as a domain and product expert supporting our sales, marketing, product design and development teams.
The Product Manager also performs other duties as requested.
Functional Area Skills/Knowledge:
• Understanding of the investment management industry, business practices and operations. Middle-to-back office experience with either a technology vendor or with an asset manager is preferred.
• Deep experience in researching and understanding client and market requirements to develop short and long term product roadmaps and plans
• Strong communications skills, including the ability to engage with clients and prospects to understand their business and operations requirements
• Experience with commercial policies, pricing, and enterprise software sales processes and marketing best practices
• Ability to work across teams and lead projects to drive meaningful business results
• Strong time management and prioritization skills, as well as attention to details
• Self motivated – ‘Find a way to get it done’ attitude
• *Conduct research and develop business cases in support of PORTIA’s product roadmap, and contribute to the creation and maintenance of the overall product roadmap.
• *Lead industry and business research efforts, serving as an expert in defined areas, including but not limited to competitors, markets, segments, regulations, etc.
• *Establish the product strategy for offerings and provide sales enablement and other commercial support for products.
• *Work with clients to understand their requirements, create client-centric product strategies and business cases and develop plans for incorporating client requirements into PORTIA’s product roadmap.
• Performs other duties as required
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Related Experience: Minimum of 5-7 years experience with product management, preferably with experience in financial technology and enterprise software solutions. Experience with middle-to-back office systems comparable to PORTIA is preferred.
EXCELLENT BENEFIT PACKAGE INCLUDING 401K and BONUS POTENTIAL
SS&C Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.