Get new similar jobs by email for
PRODUCT MANAGER / TECHNICAL EN...
PRODUCT MANAGER / TECHNICAL ENGINEER / CUSTOMER SERVICE
OUR CLIENT, A MARKET LEADER IN THE SUPPLY & DISTRIBUTION OF FIRE PROTECTION EQUIPMENT AND FIRE SAFETY PREVENTION DEVICES, SEEKS A DYNAMIC PRODUCT MANAGER / TECHNICAL ENGINEER WITH COMMERCIAL AND TECHNICAL BACKGROUND IN INSTRUMENTATION, SENSORS, CONTROLS, MONITORING, MEASURING, OR ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT.
NEW CAREER OPPORTUNITY, WORKING FOR A DYNAMIC AND STEADILY GROWING ORGANIZATION.
THE SELECTED CANDIDATE WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
· SUPPORTING THE SALES AND DISTRIBUTION ORGANIZATION WITH TECHNICAL PRODUCT KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERTISE IN ALL SALES, PRE-SALES AND POST-SALES ACTIVITIES, AS REQUIRED.
· PROVIDING COMMERCIAL ACCOUNTS WITH CUSTOMER SERVICE SUPPORT IN REGARDS TO PRODUCT INSTALLATION, OPERATION, WARRANTY, AND TRAINING.
· ACTIVELY PARTICIPATE AND CONTRIBUTE IN ALL PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT AND NEW PRODUCT INTRODUCTION INITIATIVES.
SEEKING A TECHNICALLY MINDED AND RESULTS DRIVEN, DYNAMIC INDIVIDUAL WHO ENJOYS WORKING IN A TEAM ENVIRONMENT AND SUPPORTING CUSTOMER DRIVEN INITIATIVES TOWARD CONSOLIDATING NEW OR PREVIOUSLY ESTABLISHED BUSINESS.
MUST BE A HANDS-ON, SELF-STARTING, MOTIVATED, AND VERSATILE TECHNICAL PROFESSIONAL WITH STRONG ANALYTICAL SKILLS, ABLE TO CONDUCT PRESENTATIONS TO CUSTOMER SENIOR PERSONNEL WHEN REQUIRED. TEAM MEMBER WHO WILL CONTRIBUTE TO THE OVERALL DEVELOPMENT AND DIRECTION OF NATIONAL BUSINESS.
POSITION REPORTS TO SENIOR COMMERCIAL MANAGEMENT. OFFERS A COMPETITIVE COMPENSATION PACKAGE BASED UPON EXPERIENCE & ACHIEVEMENTS, ALONG WITH COMPREHENSIVE BENEFITS.
· Responsible for all product-related technical, application, and quality issues raised by customers, distributors, colleagues. Ensure that all technical and application questions are managed and responded to in a suitable timescale for both external Customers and Distributors. Support Sales & Marketing colleagues in answering product and application questions.
· Coordinate with sales team and customers for scheduling on-site work and annual contracts
· Actively engaged in the commissioning, fault finding, problem resolution, and periodic testing of installed equipment, ensuring timely customer site visitation and detailed note taking. Follow up with production of full reports and feedback for the benefit of customer and pertinent sales team member.
· Ensure that the Return Goods Authorization process provides satisfactory and timely responses to both external and internal customers.
· Contribute to Technical Review and Product Development meetings. Liaise with HQ Product Development & Marketing in furthering product testing and field trials to successful conclusion.
· Ensure that new Product Development process is managed and supported by all departmental resources, providing timely feedback to HQ Product Development Team.
· Provide complete product and operational training to customers and colleagues. Liaise with customers and contractors with regard to pre-installation questions.
· Complete miscellaneous internal engineering duties involving Product Testing, Product Engineering, Warranty work, Returned Goods investigation, etc.
· Support internal and external product launches through the innovator and early adopter phases of the product lifecycle
· Degree in Electrical or Electronic Engineering or equivalent level of industrial qualification.
· Proven project management experience in a Product Specialist, Technical Engineering, or Project Management role.
· Preferred background in instrumentation, sensors, monitoring, measuring, or electrical equipment with experience in dealing with engineers and technical professionals
· Proven ability to influence cross functional teams without formal line authority
· Proactive in promoting new ideas and solutions, and supporting customer loyalty initiatives.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Able to grasp and translate technical capabilities into specifications and understand applications
· A high level of commercial awareness and business acumen
· Open to stateside and international travel
· Professional demeanor, projecting knowledge and credibility.
Other relevant areas of knowledge and experience: electrical instrumentation & controls, electrical products, sensors, analytical equipment, sparks/ignition, electric & industrial reliability, explosion control systems, industrial motor control switchgear, arc-flash, electro-mechanical equipment, power systems, fire safety & suppression systems, electronic systems protection, gas detectors, isolated conductors, static electricity control equipment, warning detection / alarm monitoring systems, explosion proof systems, electric charge / discharge, flammability control devices, industrial static dissipation, wiring conductors, electrical conductivity, electrical static safety hazards, bonding & grounding systems, access and security systems, electrical safety products & connectors, electrostatic charge control & dissipation, fire prevention equipment, auto ignition temperature controls, etc.
For immediate consideration, please forward confidential Word format resume to: email@example.com
Rice Professional Search
363 N. Sam Houston Pkwy East
Houston, Texas 77060