Get new similar jobs by email for
Product Marketing Manager – Fl...
ABOUT THE JOB:
This person will manage the product cycle for MiaSolé’s flexible solar products, and lead a cross functional team to move project through C&F phase, prototype phase, production, and obsolescence. Establish and maintain lines of communication with engineering, manufacturing, reliability, and sales groups on issues regarding product requirements, product release timelines, sales training, and customer test data analysis. Must have technical background with experience in solar panel R&D, manufacturing, and/or field application. Must have previous product marketing/commercial experience and be highly effective when dealing with customers. Ideal candidate will also have experience in roof top PV and roofing systems. Ideal candidate will also possess product management experience in following areas: creating MRD's, familiarity with ECO process, and use of Agile and Oraclesystems.
· Manage a cross functional team to develop product from C&F to production thru obsolescence phase
· Own, define, and manage flexible product roadmap. Internally, lead the internal stakeholders to understand product roadmap tradeoffs and drive roadmap decisions on measureable criteria
· Project management of product through entire product development cycle
· Own and manage flexible product financial models that support executive-level decision making for critical go-to-market products/system decisions, including understanding of market segmentation
· Understand changing competitive environment globally regarding solar industry and factor into all key decisions
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
· Minimum 5 years of direct experience with PV R&D, manufacturing, and/or field applications
· Minimum 5 years product marketing/product management and commercial experience
· Cross functional leadership experience. The ability to develop and maintain relationships with various stakeholders in the organization
· Knowledge of rooftop PV systems-commercial and residential segments
· Knowledge of electrical systems and electricity production in terms of power conversion
· Knowledge of financial modeling of projects, including internal RROI, depreciation, etc
· Understanding of utility tariffs and rate of return
· Understanding of solar technology, future industry directions, global trends, competitors, system-level design (inverters, A/C, electric interconnections)
· High performance/high throughput worked
· Superior communication skills
· Global experience/global mindset
· Agile and Oracle experience is helpful
· BS Engineering, Chemistry, Physics, or related. MS preferred.
About the Company:
MiaSolé is a leading producer of thin-film Copper Indium Gallium Selenide (CIGS) solar cells and panels. Founded in 2004, MiaSolé has evolved from a scrappy Silicon Valley start-up to the world leader in thin-film solar panel efficiency.
MiaSolé’s core technology is our innovative solar cell. Because it is lightweight and flexible, it can be applied in a number of applications, from conventional rigid solar panels to flexible mobile devices.
In 2013, MiaSolé became a member of the Hanergy family. Hanergy is a multinational clean-energy power generation company, and is also the world's largest thin-film solar company. With Hanergy’s support, we fully expect to be on the forefront of the solar industry for many years to come.