Get new similar jobs by email for
Product Segment Specialist, IF...
Come join the hardest working, not-for-profit health plan in California and help deliver our mission to ensure all Californians have access to high-quality health care at an affordable price. Blue Shield of California was founded in 1939 by a group of physicians who believed that everyone should be able to afford a visit to their doctor. More than 70 years later, Blue Shield now serves 3.3 million members, and is the first health plan in the nation to limit our annual net income to 2 percent of revenue and pledge to return the difference to our customers and the community with the board of directors' approval. We returned more than $475 million in 2011. We also believe that a healthier California begins with our employees, so we provide them with resources to develop and maintain a healthy lifestyle through our award-winning wellness program, Wellvolution. In 2012, we were named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies. Since 2005, the company has contributed more than $170 million to the Blue Shield of California Foundation, one of BusinessWeek's most generous corporate foundations.
This position can be located in San Francisco, El Dorado Hills or Woodland Hills.
Blue Shield of California is looking for a Product Segment Specialist for its IFP & Consumer segment of business who will be responsible for ensuring the end to end integrity of their segment portfolio inclusive of all product lines. This individual will work closely with key stakeholder partners and strategic product initiatives across functions using product development life cycle methodologies.
• Orchestrate and facilitate end to end strategy development, implementation and management of IFP product portfolio cycle updates and/or portfolio re-design including developing strategy for segment specific portfolio positioning- creation and ongoing management of product portfolio continuum of benefits and pricing.
• Serve as key subject matter expert for companywide initiatives, policies, processes and products related to Health care reform; ensure portfolio compliance with new legislation and/or mandates.
• Collaborate with key partners to ensure an integrated strategy for on and off exchange products.
• Partner with key stakeholders, market strategists and product managers and make recommendations on product strategies to meet target membership and margin goals; responsible for product portfolio integrity, salability and sustainability in the market.
• Execute in adherence to rigor and discipline of product development life cycle (PDLC).
• Oversee development and management of PDLC artifacts.
• Influence product cycle updates and changes with key stakeholder partners.
• Manage and oversee cross functional end to end efforts to improve product line performance through PDLC execution.
• Manage due diligence required for development and execution of segment portfolio strategic inclusive of regulatory environment, competitive landscape, operational feasibility and overall salability to the market.
• Collaborate across PMA teams to ensure product integrity and delivery is consistent with other influences and outputs being managed by PMA teams.
• Orchestrates roadmap and execution for regulatory mandates.
• Develop cycle execution strategy including timeline, roadmaps and scope of delivery.
• Ensure ongoing collaboration with product strategy and innovation team for matriculation of new products into portfolios.
• Leverage cross segment opportunities to align portfolios and develop global strategies.
• Lead efforts to align business requirement with opportunity.
• This is normally an individual contributor level but leadership of large cross-functional teams and external third parties are required. May serve as mentor/coach to lower level specialists and/or directly supervise, provide work assignments and provide performance feedback to one or more lower level Product Development Managers and Associates.
• Bachelor's degree and 8+ years of relevant experience in product marketing or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• BA/BS in Business, Finance, Economics, Healthcare, Public Health or minimum of two years of relevant product management experience or equivalent combination of education and experience can be substituted).
• Deep knowledge of product development life cycle discipline and of business levers that influence performance of assigned product segments.
• Knowledge of competitive positioning in market for IFP market segment.
• Knowledge of basic product management and strategic planning concepts.
• Able to use advanced features of MS Office- Excel, PowerPoint, Word, MS Project, Visio and Access.
• Working knowledge of the company's healthcare products, functions and regulatory guidelines.
• Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
• Ability to serve as member on cross-functional implementation or project teams.
• Ability to interpret data sets and forecast future revenue streams.
Blue Shield of California is committed to remaining a drug-free work place. All positions require a pre-employment background investigation and drug screen. Blue Shield of California is an Equal Opportunity Employer - EEO/MF/disabled/veteran.