Lakepark Industries, INC a Midway Products Company -
POSITION SUMMARY: Directs and coordinates, through subordinate supervisory personnel, activities concerned with the manufacturing and assembly of company products, utilizing knowledge of process technology, production methods and procedures, and capabilities of machines and equipment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Provide team leadership, direction, and set priorities for production supervisors in the areas of line up of first and second shifts, reviewing time cards, approving overtime request, conducting daily production meetings, champion for production problem solving teams, and approving vacation and personal days.
· Authorized to select, develop, motivate, and train through the mentoring program, manufacturing personnel to assure the department goals and objectives are met.
· Responsible for the continuous improvement of the manufacturing processes.
· Support SPECS, MOS, TQM, and Safety programs.
· Authorized to order production supplies such as grease, oil, staples, etc.
· Perform dock audits and implement corrective action to improve manufacturing
· Assists in the integration/ramp up of new production equipment, manpower, tooling, etc. on new or changed products.
· Authorized to initiate actions to prevent the occurrence of any non-conformities relating to product, process, and quality systems.
· Performs other essential functions as assigned.
JOB QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
College degree preferred and/or equivalent supervisory experience in a manufacturing plant. Must be trained in SPC and problem solving.
MAJOR PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
Major Physical and Mental Requirements of a Production Associate must be met. Refer to the Production Associate Job Description.
Normal office environment, with some exposure to a stamping and assembly factory environment. The employee is subject to high levels from operating machines, and physical hazards from moving equipment and machine parts, and the breathing of fumes and dust.