Job Title: Production Manager
Unit: ULTURA Oceanside
Classification: Regular, Full Time Exempt
Direct Supervisor:Chief Operations Officer
Manage all aspects of the membrane, element and module manufacturing facility in order to meet production requirements consistently and with emphasis on continuous process improvement to ensure on-time deliveries at the lowest cost and highest yield.
The position is located in ULTURA’s Oceanside, CA facility.
Salary: $85,000 per year plus on target annual bonus of $15,000.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Overseeing the production process, drawing up a production schedule based on customer requirements
- Develop a set of Production KPI’s, communicate them to all employees and ensure planned efficiency and performance measures are met or exceeded.
- Ensuring that the production is cost effective and on time.
- Monitoring the production processes, adjusting schedules as needed.
- Ensure complete compliance to prescribed QMS, GMP’s and 5S processes.
- Monitoring product standards and implement quality-control programs.
- Implement and drive continuous improvement activities through implementation of change management process and best practices.
- Coordination with Sales department to create production forecasts to efficiently meet customer quality and performance guidelines.
- Manage all vendors to reach lowest cost, best deliveries and optimized inventory management to continuously reduce costs and time to market.
- Optimize resource utilization by implementation of an effective production organization.
- Working with all managers to support development and implementation of the company's policies and goals.
- Ensure coaching and development of resources to meet business’s objectives.
- Supervising and motivating a team of workers.
- Establish a “Succession Plan” for the manufacturing operations with “Personal Development Plans” for key employees.
- Reviewing the performance of subordinates, setting clear goals and objectives and providing superb leadership to excel the organization.
- Coordinate, set up and implement standard operating procedure for all production operations.
- Work with R&D to improve existing membranes by testing new formulas in the casting and coating processes.
- Coordinate with R&D to support experimental runs for casting and coating using “Additive Technologies”.
- Work with safety manager, leads and all personnel to maintain safety awareness in the work place and reduce lost time and recordable accident (target zero lost time accidents).
- Ensure implementation and evolution of health and safety procedures with zero tolerance.
- Support the planning for and lead the implementation of the ongoing “Capital Investment Programme” for the production operations.
- Minimum 5years’ experience with a proven track record in an equivalent production operation.
- Proven track record in managing production, preferably with a background in a multiple-product, high volume batch process organization.
- Must be able to demonstrate experience of implementing a “Lean” change programme in a process operation with demonstrable success delivering reduction in cost and improved customer performance.
- The successful candidate will have to be able to demonstrate a clear and focused, “make it happen, can-do attitude”.
- This is an ideal position for a dynamic and energetic manager looking for their next big challenge.
- Ability to create and manage production budgets.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Must be a team player.
- Good Project Management and Planning skills.
- Proven Leadership skills.
- Excellent verbal and written proficiency in English, Spanish a plus.
- Proficient with office suite.
- Experience with ERP systems a plus.
- BA or BS college degree; Mechanical / Chemical Engineering degree a plus.