Get new similar jobs by email for
Production Operations Manager
DEPARTMENT HEAD - FORMING
Elmira, NY area
Manufacturer of consumer products needs leadership types for key production areas.
High volume, high speed consumer products manufacturer.
24/7 operation. Union plant.
· Manage daily operations in Forming, Production and Melting process areas.
· Supervise and develop direct reports and ensure that they are developing their subordinates.
· Help establish budgets and manage spending to meet targets in all areas of responsibility.
· Ensure that production equipment is properly maintained.
· Interface with internal and external engineering resources and planning.
· Support new product development in Hot Melt. Interact with Corporate Product Development.
· Ensure that production operations and systems are being run in accordance with documented procedures.
· Maintain a safe work environment and appropriate housekeeping methods.
· Resolve any disagreements with the Union (first level in grievance process)
· Develop and/or maintain optimum use and compliance across all manufacturing processes.
· Interfaces with Engineering, Quality, Maintenance and Finishing Departments to resolve issues and coordinate events and support.
· Weekend and week night on call Team Leader
· 4 yr degree-Engineering type.
· 2-5 yrs manufacturing experience in glass/ceramic products.
· Knowledge of hot end, melting and furnace processes.
· Knowledge of materials and preparation processes.
· Strong team management skills-training, developing & goal setting.
· Strong communication skills. Promotable type.
Email MS Word doc resume