Get new similar jobs by email for
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
· Troubleshoots mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic faults on manufacturing assembly and/or mold equipment.
· Diagnose mechanical and/or electrical problems, and determine how to repair them by checking blueprints, schematics, manuals and other specifications.
· Assemble, install or repair wiring, electrical or electronic components, machinery or equipment.
· Provide efficient/timely service of machinery and equipment allowing production schedules to be met.
· Communicate with operators to detect whether mechanical or human error contributed to the problems.
· Performs basic welding, brazing, and cutting to fabricate items such as guardrails, brackets, and hangers.
· Use rulers, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments accurately.
· Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
· Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
· Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
· Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
· Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
· Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment.
· Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
· Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
· Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
· Prepares mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
· Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications; establishing personal networks.
· Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
· Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
· Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
· Support all company safety and quality programs and initiatives.
· Perform additional responsibilities as required.
Years of Experience
Type of Experience
1. Must have extensive experience in manufacturing environment.
2. Must have minimum 3 years experience in electrical repairs, industrial applications, control wiring, and troubleshooting skills from power source to machine.
3. Must have experience with PLC repair.
4. Must have an understanding of AC/DC control circuits, ladder logic, schematic diagrams, and programmable controllers.
5. Must have or be able to obtain, a valid forklift operator license.
6. Ability to read and write English, follow work instructions and read electrical diagrams and prints.
7. Ability to lift and carry up to 80 lbs.
8. Flexibility to work a flexible shift: nights and weekends if scheduled. Flexible hours and overtime are required to cover vacations, projects, and other activities.
9. Strong Controls and wiring experience a must.
10. Electrical background with the ability to troubleshoot.
11. Equipment maintenance, technical understanding, technical zeal.
12. Deals with uncertainty
13. Basic safety
14. Experience with power tools
15. Basic computer skills
16. Ability to handle multiple and changing priorities concurrently and maintain a calm demeanor and optimistic outlook.
Certifications & Licensures
Certified Industrial Maintenance Mechanic and/or Certified Control System Technician preferred.