AdvancePierre Foods is a rapidly growing company that values a talented, diverse and dedicated workforce and has an opening for a Production Supervisor (2nd Shift).
We are proud to have a diverse team of employees, and value the individual contributions and talents of our staff. Our rapid growth allows us to provide a wide array of developmental opportunities, and we reward employees who are results-oriented, live up to their commitments, and who can align their work activities with the goals of the organization.GENERAL JOB SUMMARY
Responsible for assigned area of manufacturing operations, including production, packaging, and/or processing of ingredient or finished product. Responsible for the effective utilization of employees, equipment and materials, training, facilitation of Continuous Improvement Teams (CIT’s), production, quality, housekeeping, safety, policy administration, employee relations, performance enhancements, cost control, problem solving, and goals/objectives.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Directly supervises and follows up on scheduled work with all employees in assigned area of responsibility and in the Manufacturing Department if the need arises.
- Reviews production schedule for needs and accuracy.
- Ensures equipment availability and proper operation throughout the shift.
- Ensures correct usage of raw materials throughout the shift.
- Adheres to Total Quality Control (TQC) policy and food safety requirements.
- Be trained and provide training on the Beef Export Verification (BEV) program requirements. Validate production employees are verifying the requirements and comply with the program and the results are properly documented.
- Ensures equipment and work area for proper sanitation, condensation control, etc.
- Ensures consistent product quality throughout the total process.
- Responsible for understanding, communicating, and following General Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s) during operations.
- Follows Total Quality Control (TQC) policy.
- Take immediate action on any General Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s) deficiencies.
- Initiates, facilitates, and follows up all Continuous Improvement opportunities with all supporting departments.
- Ensures that Continuous Improvement Team(s) meet regularly.
- Develops and facilitates personal and team goals and objectives and continually reports CIT progress.
- Continuously communicates performance review and feedback of strengths and weaknesses to all employees.
- Responsible for timely employee performance reviews.
- Communicates increase, range, and range position to each employee.
- Interviews prospective candidates through the job posting procedures using the decision matrix.
- Responsible for the training of all new employees in proper methods and procedures to perform job. Continues to develop and lead employees with on-going training.
- Reviews errors with employees and applies “performance enhancements" if needed.
- Ensures all equipment and work area is free of all hazards.
- Initiates, facilitates, and follows up on all suggested safety improvements.
- Initiates, facilitates, and follows up training of all safety procedures. Completes all appropriate reports and follows up with corrective action.
- Responsible for understanding, communicating, and leading evacuation procedures.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of Continuous Improvement and Total Quality Management (TQM).
- Knowledge of company policies and procedures.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School graduate.
- Prefer college graduate or some college with supervisory work experience.
- Experience in Continuous Improvement/TQM desired.
If you are interested in this great opportunity with a competitive salary, please APPLY now!