Get new similar jobs by email for
Corona, CA 92882
Our client is a global manufacturer and industry leader! This is an excellent full-time position as Production Supervisor. You will work under the direction of the Plant Manager, assist in the management of the production facility to meet sales requirements by supervising productions supervisors, quality assurance technicians.
1. Ensure plant facilities and equipment are maintained to meet production schedules by assisting in training production personnel in preventive maintenance and establishing a preventive maintenance schedule.
2. Recommend operating objectives, plans for the production facility to meet the plant’s overall business goals. Report, as required, on the facility’s performance against those objectives.
3. Monitor safety programs to eliminate industrial accidents. Ensure that manufacturing supervisors hold regular safety meetings, monitor safety practices and their use of safety equipment.
4. Hold regular quality meetings to ensure that all employees are well trained and aware of quality control measures and the quality of the product meets or exceeds Our client standards, along with International Congress of Building Official (ICBO) and Universal Building Code (UBC).
5. Review production schedules and plan raw material inventories to achieve those schedules.
6. Ensure that all production personnel are trained by supervising appropriate training programs and discuss with the Plant Manager.
7. Responsible for implementing and coordinating in conjunction with the Plant Manager Lean Manufacturing/Continuous Process Improvement programs and plant quality programs.
8. Ensures that all production operation shift personnel are appropriately trained by partnering with Human Resources and Training Management, Plant Manager, and applicable functional departments. Monitors and assures that all annualized training requirements and/or certifications are completed on time.
9. Conducts a comprehensive review of Process Improvement and Lean Manufacturing programs functions within the plant. In addition, develop and network to identify and promote the sharing of ‘Best Practices”.
10. Assist in conducting the formal and informal performance appraisals and hiring new employees
11. All other duties as requested or assigned
JOB-RELATED QUALIFICATION STANDARDS:
* Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial, Manufacturing, Mechanical or related Engineering, preferred but not required if sufficient equivalent experience
* Proven leadership skills
* Experience in a LEAN Manufacturing Environment
o Direct experience in establishing material control for consumables (Kan ban or other replenishment systems)
o Proven experience with employee engagement and root cause problem solving
o Experience in 5’s, TPM and SMED
* Able to build and develop a forward looking safety culture. Knowledge of general OSHA requirements
* Excellent organizational and follow up skills
* Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
* Versed in training and development of exempt and non-exempt employees
* Excellent communication skills
* Participated in one or more of the following process improvement: Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, Cost of Quality, Demand Flow Technology, JIT, TQM, ISO 9000-2000, Kaizen, 5S.
* Computer literate in Excel, Word and Power Point; SAP desirable.
* 5 years of manufacturing experience
* 2 years management experience
* Previous experience in developing and implementing company wide Quality Programs
Licenses or Certificates
* General office and manufacturing facility activities - walking, standing, sitting, lifting, talking, typing, and etc.
* Lifting heavy materials, 50 pounds minimum
* Ability to work varied shifts, as needed
TecHOUNDS is a full-service Southern California based Technology staffingfirm. We are a highly professional and ethical firm that provides Direct Hire, Contract-to-Hire, andContract StaffingSolutions. Established in 2001 we are a national recruitment firm that takes great pride in finding the right career opportunities for IT Professionals like you. Our services are 100% employer paid.
If interested, please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
TecHOUNDS / Managing Partner
16-B Journey, Aliso Viejo
Office: +1.949.495.1200 / firstname.lastname@example.org / www.techounds.com