Job Title: Program Manager, Administration
Department:New York State Preferred Source Program
Reports to: Executive Director
Location: Albany, New York
FLSA Status: Exempt
Statement of Purpose
Create new jobs for people who are blind through the marketing of nonprofit agencies’ capabilities and the innovative application of new technology toward meeting the needs of New York agencies. This will be accomplished by assisting nonprofit agencies in the development and addition of projects under the New York State Preferred Source Program and resolving significant problems that arise in providing products to State Agencies.
Responsibility for the Work of Others
Assigns and reviews work; serves as program/project manager for products under development.
- Employees in Other DivisionsContinually
- Supervisory PersonnelContinually
- NYSPSP Affiliated Agencies Continually
- State Government Agencies Continually
- Private Sector BusinessFrequently
Bachelor’s degree required from an accredited college/university or equivalent years of work experience required. Masters of Business Administration or related discipline preferred.
Training and Specialized Knowledge
- Must have an understanding and in-depth knowledge of the procedures followed by State Government Agencies in purchasing and stocking supplies and in evaluating products required.
- Specialized knowledge in managing the addition process for the New York State Preferred Sources Program is highly desired.
- Working knowledge of state government procurement, contract management and contract administration procedures and practices.
- Good to excellent knowledge of cost accounting practices and financial accounting principles as related to nonprofit agency operation.
- Possess skills in strategic and critical thinking, communication, report writing, negotiation, arbitration, and project management.
- Must be well organized and experienced in compliance and regulatory assurance.
- Individual is skilled at working across the organization, interfacing with multiple management and personality types.
Minimum 8 years of work experience, or 6 years in procurement of products by the State Government required. Experience required as program/project manager of products or product line procured by the State Government.
Minimal supervision required. Works independently to develop and execute direction in support of NIB’s strategic growth plan. Receives overall guidance from the Executive Director.
As necessary, to coordinate activities related to the addition ofprojects. This includes visits to requiring/buying agencies, nonprofit agencies, and raw material suppliers when required. Job related travel is approximately 10%.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Works with NYSPSP Director, Business Development, NYS Office of General Services (OGS) andNYS affiliated agencies to add new projects to the NYS Preferred Source program.
- Has overall responsibility for development of applications and addition of new projects.
- Responsible for satisfying legal and policy requirement of NYS oversight agencies
- Responsible for tracking progress and maintaining records related to applications and approvals.
- Responsible for, including but not limited to, preparation for meetings with OGS and the NYS Procurement Council
- Communicates and resolves conflicts and/or approvals amongst above parties
- Product Development - administration/supervision/tracking of development assignment rights
- Review, revise and create new policies and procedures to enhance oversight of the NYSPSP program
- Determine and assess the impacts of introducing policy changes in various departments. Ensure new and existing policies and procedures meet a standard of excellence, and create consistency
- Solicit input from colleagues at NIB, affiliated agencies, and appropriate NYS stakeholders on policy and procedure elements, including but not limited to establishing best practices program nationally and statewide. Facilitate, manage and maintain all required activities and approvals related to drafting and publishing policies and procedures, including but not limited to conducting meetings to discuss and educate.
- Maintain ongoing interaction with ground floor staff at OGS Procurement Services Group and awareness of major initiatives, such as strategic sourcing, shared back office functions, and other initiatives that may impact the program.
- Prioritize and manage the incoming application material from affiliates and create complete and accurate applicationpackages on behalf of affiliates for:
- additions to service lines (new contracts)
- corporate partnerships
- service contract renewals
- partnerships with small, veteran and MWBE certified businesses
- Serve as liaison between New York State Commission for the Blind (NYSCB) and affiliates regarding NYSPSP/OGS project approval-related questions or concerns
- Maintains weekly reports on status of project development, and general accomplishments and problems in area of project development.
- Serve as liaison among NYSPSP, affiliates, NYSCB, OGS and Empire State Development (ESD)
This job description does not imply that these are the only duties to be performed. The incumbent in this position will perform such other tasks as may be required for the effective operation of the Division/Department upon receipt by his/her supervisor.
NIB IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
NIB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.