TRC provides measurement and evaluation services for energy efficiency programs across the United States. Our clients include utilities, state and federal agencies, and other energy efficiency organizations. The position requires a working knowledge of evaluation practices, including sampling and survey methods, statistical analysis, gross and net impact analysis, process evaluation, and market analysis, as well as program and policy development.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Lead the development of research designs, data collection instruments, and procedures.
- Manage multiple teams to develop and implement a variety of applied research projects.
- Plan and oversee data collection tasks, including surveys, in-depth interviews, and focus groups.
- Plan and conduct quantitative and qualitative analyses, including database management.
- Conduct statistical analysis and modeling of billing and other utility or program data using statistical software (SAS/SPSS).
- Develop sampling and weighting strategies for primary data collection activities.
- Manage subcontractors and internal staff responsible for collecting survey data.
- Write reports that include statistical, narrative, and graphic components as appropriate to the project.
- Interact regularly with staff and clients, traveling as needed.
- Contribute to the development of proposals, project teaming arrangements, and budgets.
- Represent TRC at national conferences and evaluation forums.
- Assist in staff development through in-house training.
- Stay abreast of relevant professional standards, trends, and issues.
- Other duties depending upon interest and capabilities.
- Degree in Economics, Statistics, Engineering, Sociology or related discipline.
- Minimum of six years professional experience evaluating energy efficiency programs.
- Demonstrated proficiency in measurement and evaluation theory, principles, philosophies, and practice, including survey development and administration, and qualitative and quantitative research methods and analysis.
- Ability to manage own time and workload effectively.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, set priorities, meet deadlines, work both independently and collaboratively, and communicate effectively.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Excellent writing and speaking skills.
- Strong quantitative skills.
- Proficiency in database, word processing, spreadsheet, and statistical analysis software applications (SAS and/or SPSS Q).
- Business management experience in a consulting context is desirable.
Oakland, California, preferred, but we will consider candidates in San Diego, California, Los Angeles, California, and Sacramento, California
Please apply directly at: